Banshee impeller

Ok so my banshees overheating. And I thought for sure it was my impeller so I did this and it seems to be ok. Spins ok. Poured water through the radiator and it flowed though the hoses so it shouldn't be clogged. My jetting is pretty spot on and I've never had overheating problems even when I was racing it years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's overheating. The engine gets super hot and boils over quick. My friend things it's a gasket but I've had my coolhead on for years and it ran good no problem. Unless it somehow the o ring wore out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ron Burgandy

If you've ruled out the cooling system (impeller, plugged rad, low coolant etc). Then it has to be excessive heat generation. Excessive heat from a lean condition - air leak somewhere. I'd leak test it before you pull the head. You need the head on to leak test it anyways, so leave it on and pressurize it. My guess is that it won't be the head. Typically you'd get coolant out the overflow if it was.

How soon after it's been running does it overflow? I had a stock head gasket fail, bike ran great and all would idle all day and not puke coolant, normal easy riding it was fine but as soon as I would get in a good pull it would dump coolant out the overflow.