Alky Plug Read

B22

depends on dome.   a short stroke alky motor almost always wants a shit ton of timing.  most ss and 4 mills i peg the plate at 11 d and even one 4 mill i was able to add about +18 give or take ( 11 on plate + 7 ish on ignition) total on lower rpms and take out 10 on the top end.  ( with adjustable ignition)   with some domes have really high squish velocity OR are way wrong and cannot handle the extra timing.  others make all the power with minimal squish velocity and will rely n high advance timing to get the heat thing done in there.  

lectrons you should be able to get them to idle, and rev clean right off idle or load and clear with one rev out.  after you have that clean then you should start with the PJ. carb synch is very important for clean rev off bottom also. idle speed and just off idle cable pull needs to be exact.  make sure you have adequate fuel supply to them, pingle, fuel tank clean, fuel cap either drilled or large holed billet, big bowls , correct style needle and seats and floats set right on.  after you get them dead on you will maybe notice they need 1/2 turn or less either way depending on conditions.  the pj you can watch your plugs after you get a load on it and make fine adjustments from that.   biggest thing with the lectron is keeping the complete carb and dump tube clean.  if you let it sit for a while its always a good idea to take them off from time to time and clean them really well. make sure the dump tube is clear and clean. no gunk or crap in there.  NEVER drill out the dump on a lectron  if i rember a 1/8 drill bit should pass through with ease  i use them by hand to keep the tubes clean and carb cleaner on the pj./