Rebuild

So I when I was rebuilding my banshee everything went together all nice except when I had to put the head back on the cylinder and 4-5 of the studs stripped out and I replaced one with a heli coil and then they all just started stripping out I think it was bc of my torque wrench but I didn't know till the weren't tightening idk what to do should I just heli coil them all and put alittle high temp lock tight on it or if I fucked my whole motor please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was went 10 at a time idk I never used a torch wrench before and that what someone told me that was there who built there's before not saying I'm not wrong bc I probably am but any will the heli could work if I put them in @GRAVEL ? And I was tryin to do it in increments like 10, 15, then last 20

I mean it's like 5 bucks for 10 and I mean I could take it to a machine shop but like the other guy said it will cost a lot of money so I'm wondering if buying a blown banshee for 800 is the best bet

Don't buy a whole parts bike...find out what you ruined and buy a used part. Someone on here will have what you need.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a clicker style foot lbs torque wrench awhile back and was converting in/lbs to ft/lbs when working on my 92 Yamaha Seca 2 bike, and the torque wrench was horribly inaccurate at those low torques, which caused some stripping on a few bolts, but fortunately they were not super important bolts.

Now i have an in/lbs torque wrench, the style with the arm on it that allow the bend of the torque wrench to move the needle.  Some people think its an old style tool, but that way i can see it moving and in case the clicker doesn't click your not screwed.  It wasn't even that expensive, it is craftsman and i think i found it online around $30 give or take about 10 years ago.  Probably a little more now of course.