421 serval air box need

Hi,

I will be using 35 PWK's V-Force 4s and either Shearer or CPI inframes.

I must have some kind of an airbox otherwise my carbs will swallow trail's waters.

I've talked to CFM, the guy who makes an aluminum airbox and he said they do no fit with inframe drag pipes.

What can I do? Run the stock airbox trimmed or something? I must cover the filters. And I think a 421 without drag pipes is not worth it and I should just port stock cylinders and achieve the same power.

Please help me out.

Modify the stock one. Cut until it fits. Just leave enough of the bottom and sides to deflect water.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's what I thought doing so. I've looked upon pictures and it seems shearer's silencers are bent in a little more than CPI's. Like CPI's look much more of a straight line.

Do you know if Shearers will hit the stock airbox mounts (2 on each side)?

If I'm not mistaken, dosen't shearer have an airbox "compatible " stinger option? It's been awhile since I've fooled with inframes.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about that. Besides cutting the airbox, someone told me I'd need an adapter to fit 35 PWKs into the stock airbox.

Do you know about it? Where could I get one and if it's still available? Wow so much hassle for just protection.

That's what I thought doing so. I've looked upon pictures and it seems shearer's silencers are bent in a little more than CPI's. Like CPI's look much more of a straight line.

Do you know if Shearers will hit the stock airbox mounts (2 on each side)?

Normal small bore shearers do bend in. However you can get a set made to fit with the air box. Are the trails more wide open or more technical? There is also more options available like snipers or even some SLP pipes ( made as much peak hp as CPI earlier and made more trq.

Normal small bore shearers do bend in. However you can get a set made to fit with the air box. Are the trails more wide open or more technical? There is also more options available like snipers or even some SLP pipes ( made as much peak hp as CPI earlier and made more trq.

Good post. I don't really bother having less low-mid range because whenever I race it's on straight wide open trails and even some asphalt little roads. This is why I want either Shearers or CPI. I obviously going to need high rpm power like shearers but I can sacrifice the 10 000-11 000 rpm power for a torquier pipe like CPI or Sniper.

Snipers looks awesome, do you know if they fit well for the stock airbox? 

Good post. I don't really bother having less low-mid range because whenever I race it's on straight wide open trails and even some asphalt little roads. This is why I want either Shearers or CPI. I obviously going to need high rpm power like shearers but I can sacrifice the 10 000-11 000 rpm power for a torquier pipe like CPI or Sniper.

Snipers looks awesome, do you know if they fit well for the stock airbox?

Contact Gary for the snipers pipes and see if he can make a set to work with the air box. They will make the most power out of all the pipes we mentioned and have great over rev like the shearers. Not to mention it made more power up the face then the shearers did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact Gary for the snipers pipes and see if he can make a set to work with the air box. They will make the most power out of all the pipes we mentioned and have great over rev like the shearers. Not to mention it made more power up the face then the shearers did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for my ignorance but who's Gary and how can I contact him?

I had to cut my airbox to accommodate  my snipers for my 421. They were originally cut for my PT Mids but the modifications I did to fit them work for the snipers, if anything the snipers have a bit more space than my mids. I just hate how fucking loud the Snipers are. I want my PT's back but I feel like they'd choke the 421 down.

If you notice the velcro adhesive around the edge of the air box. I've made my own outware lid that velcros on to help keep water off the filters.

IMG_8238_zpsvfjpr3mj.jpg