possible 4 mil build...

There's a bit of ignorance in this post. People send these engines from all over the world to the builders in the US. That isn't because it's the US, it's because that's where the highest concentration of good builders happen to be located. It's on the verge of coincodental. How many builders can you find outside the US that compete with what has been proven here? There are bound to be a few, but not many.

Talking to someone on facebook is not what most would quantify as experience, nor is it where the majority of users here get their opinions and experience. On the other hand, if I see 20 people say the same exact thing about one product and all things are considered, I'm going to lean toward their opinion and find the basis for their claims.

Also, this site isn't a dedicated USA Banshee site. There are a decent amount of people from all over that make significant contributions.

Furthermore, the Banshee can be made to work by an idiot and enough time. If you want to make it work very well and do so for an extended period of time, it takes experience. The US is the speed capital of the world until you start talking about Japanese cars, in which case Japan and Australia king. You think that because you came on here and told everyone that US builders aren't doing things properly is going to revolutionize a decade old culmination of knowledge and experience? It isn't. If there are other good builders, we know about them already OR they're so new that we haven't heard about them yet simply because they're so new, in which case they're likely not that good.

That isn't to say that there isn't a good builder that isn't a sponsor or isn't recommended by this page, only that there are likely to be significant issues.

It's easy enough to say builder X is known to be good, go with them. At that point, it isn't a wager on whether you'll get an engine back AND whether it's going to last, AND whether it's going to be fast.

I get it, we can't compete with the myghty usa builder lol! The 2 strokes gods have their main base in usa!

Nobody know shit about 2 strokes here, nobody race snowmobile for decades, nobody race banshee on ice etc... It's just in the usa!

So laughable...

Ya over the stock piece, it is great. But Arsene was saying that it was the same as running pods.

And if you are talkign about this thread (http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/52271-Custom-LT-Banshee-Chassis-Frame-Fabricator-Help!/page3), he just said the jetting looked the same from the plugs. And this was on his 392cc serval, not his cheetah.

He would sponsor so people like you and power_man who are from canada would know about him. You know, because bansheehq isn't just a US based site.

From what I have heard, canada shops can't compete with us shops on price of parts for canadians either.

As for seeing his engine win, I saw some backyard hick's banshee that he built win a couple races, doesn't mean shit. You have to look at the competition.

Not what I saw. I was referring to a cheetah that KAN built. There was such little difference between the pods and new box set up that I was actually surprised. I'll just leave it like this. Every time something works but just a little people feel they need to embellish the truth and this is one of those times. I personally don't know what Arsene's claims were, but I'd imagine they were up there with those UFO carb inserts.... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would someone quote Thacker as a credible source? Nothing personal against the guy (as a person) ,,,but his ideas /theories on engine building are laughable at best.

Like I said, he's not a bad dude, just mislead. I tried to help him see the light on a few topics privately, with zero success.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I consider the things he posts as well as everyone else's.  I don't care much for who posts what, nor the conclusions they state.  If the information is there, I'll make my own determinations.  One thing you can't deny is that he always HAS reasoning.  That doesn't attest any to the conclusions he derives from that reasoning, only that he always has A reason.  The information is what I look at.

I consider the things he posts as well as everyone else's. I don't care much for who posts what, nor the conclusions they state. If the information is there, I'll make my own determinations. One thing you can't deny is that he always HAS reasoning. That doesn't attest any to the conclusions he derives from that reasoning, only that he always has A reason. The information is what I look at.

Here's an example of his "reasoning " ...1f48bb1bbb9e720b1dfa8d54ddee7b95.jpg

If a guy who believes this will add HP....much less last, is credible to you...good luck bud.

Edit.. I have many more examples, but time is limited and I'm not trying to dog the guy. Just helping folks realize they need to listen to people with real world experience that others have witnessed too. Not interwebz theory.

• Like 2

I get it, we can't compete with the myghty usa builder lol! The 2 strokes gods have their main base in usa!

Nobody know shit about 2 strokes here, nobody race snowmobile for decades, nobody race banshee on ice etc... It's just in the usa!

So laughable...

This post is useless.  Numbers.  Post numbers.  Links, dynos, videos AND thorough information, and quantifiable information.  I encourage progress and flow of information.

If there is a builder out there that'll topple what K&T and A&S can do on a drag or what Redline, Fast, and HJR do for everything else, we need to see them.  You claiming that there is information out there that we don't know about is pointless unless you actually show the information.

Here's an example of his "reasoning " ...1f48bb1bbb9e720b1dfa8d54ddee7b95.jpg

If a guy who believes this will add HP....much less last, is credible to you...good luck bud.

Edit.. I have many more examples, but time is limited and I'm not trying to dog the guy. Just helping folks realize they need to listen to people with real world experience that others have witnessed too. Not interwebz theory.

That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm fully aware that he's done some dumb shit.

Here's an example of what I meant:

He needed a better chassis, found the flaws, and identified possible solutions.  Huge plus.  That's the good that I'm referring to.

His execution is not what I'd consider to be a good route.  That's the bad, or the conclusion, that I meant.

He needed a better clutch setup, found the weak points, and made his own.  Huge plus.

His execution wasn't very good.  Again, bad reasoning with good information.

The information (some) is what is useful.  That's what I've taken from his posts.

Edited by tfaith08

This post is useless. Numbers. Post numbers. Links, dynos, videos AND thorough information, and quantifiable information. I encourage progress and flow of information.

If there is a builder out there that'll topple what K&T and A&S can do on a drag or what Redline, Fast, and HJR do for everything else, we need to see them. You claiming that there is information out there that we don't know about is pointless unless you actually show the information.

I get your point, but Arsen have a good reputation here in Quebec, what else can i say?

TS can buy everything in the usa, i don't give a fuck, i'm giving him another options closer to him, from a known builder HERE.

He dont have to believe me, i don't care. He can do whatever he want with his money, it's not mine.

I get your point, but Arsen have a good reputation here in Quebec, what else can i say?

TS can buy everything in the usa, i don't give a fuck, i'm giving him another options closer to him, from a known builder HERE.

He dont have to believe me, i don't care. He can do whatever he want with his money, it's not mine.

Arsen,, basically a nobody here where the fast banshee reside. (USA )

Arsen,, basically a nobody here where the fast banshee reside. (USA )

Yeah, that's a shame that we have to live in a third world country and not in the mighy usa, the home of tje 2 strokes god!

Takes a while to do the build. You'll soon have a mountain of packages sitting next to your dresser waiting for the day. Some of the must haves that come to mind that may have been discussed already.....

Port the cylinders.

Make sure to get the idle gear bushing mod done.

High flow water pump impeller.

Loctite the flywheel nut.

Get a flywheel, clutch holder tool.

Gonna need an impact wrench to make life easier.

I like the NOSS cool head, good to have extra O rings on hand.

Do the shift star mod its free.

I have stock clutch with the original basket. You can file the grooves that the clutch plates made to make shifting easier.

I used Permatex Ultra Gray for the case halves, make sure to put it on the crank seals too.... where they sit in the case and on the square key on the water pump side of crank.

Red loctite the head studs and case studs. Heat the studs up a bit to get them out using the double nutted technique.

I used that permatex gasket installer stuff it comes in a bottle and the stuff is red. Doesn't harden, oil, water, gas, coolant resistant.  I use it on the base gaskets and on all the O rings on the cylinder head.

May want to put new shift forks in.

I did all my trans mods myself. I used a bridge port to drill out the holes to install the bearings for shift shaft and shift drum. The gears are super hard and I had some else mod those for me. I don't need to use the clutch, but I do anyways.

Thats all I can think of for now....

Edited by salmon_slayer06

This post is useless.  Numbers.  Post numbers.  Links, dynos, videos AND thorough information, and quantifiable information.  I encourage progress and flow of information.

If there is a builder out there that'll topple what K&T and A&S can do on a drag or what Redline, Fast, and HJR do for everything else, we need to see them.  You claiming that there is information out there that we don't know about is pointless unless you actually show the information.

Currie Motorsports