4⃣MILL banshee bad throttle response at low end

Hercalmighty is rite about checking compression it's good to know dome size and overall condition of rings. Is there port work? And to answer her almighty ? About oil . As some of you know I tnker quite a bit with banshee engines I've seen the insides of 100s of motors 40-1 and 50-1 ratios tend to share metal/ scuff /was cylinders. I'm not saying some of you don't have good luck with it but IMO it's ragged edge shit I'll get my hp elsewhere . It's also not for the average banshee owner who doesn't hAve a good ear for what his/her bike needs . I'll tell you I've seen many crank bearing failures on a amsoil dominator 40:1 on a cr-125 race bike , I bored the carb touched up ports , changed the head ran 32:1 same oil bike hasn't been apart in 3yrs and still sounds tight coincidence I'm not sure . The best looking inside of a motor I've ever seen was ran 32:1 on castor 927 , I built bike 6 yrs ago his compression dropped 6 lbs so I took it in for rering , when I popped it open it looked brand new and he rides it 10 hrs a week usually sometimes more

Ok cool. Thanks for getting back about the oil. I raced motorcross and harescrambles for years on bikes. In my bikes I always ran Golden Spectro at 48:1 (12oz bottle to 4.5 gallons). Same mix for almost 25 years at this point lol. Not saying you are wrong at all, I'm actually intrigued to see what you had to say and why. I am running Golden Spectro at 40:1 in the Banshee though.

Maybe as a thought, I always ran OEM cast pistons in my bikes. Could running weisco forged pistons vs OEM cast pistons have an influence on what oil and ratio you run?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Your running 40:1 with the rite oil I'm not so worried about you but the op know nothing about his motor running 50:1 worries me . . My statement is also from the mindset of the guy building your motor I want lots of lubricant. I'm jaded . To the op are you sure it's a pump fuel motor

I agree with you on OP's motor.

I do hear you on the customer bike thing. When I work on other people's bikes I tell them to run 32 or 36.

But like I asked, do you think piston selection has an effect on oil and ratio choice? I have rebuild my own motors tons of times with a few off balls mixed in. You have a hell of a lot more experience working on different motors

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Depending where you are but yes that's usually what premium is 91-93. First thing you gotta do is take the carbs apart, clean them and the jets ( blow them out with compressed air), and report back with the jetting in the carbs. Both carbs should have the same main jet and pilot jet

I'll do the clean up and check later today and get back to you guys then. THANKS for all the help!