Banshee hot smoking while off

I bought another banshee (3rd) and am having some problems. I thought I would ask before tearing into it. I bought it cheap and dirty. Had porting. I have installed stock reads off another, cylenders freshly bored, new oem crank, stock head, pro circut pipes, new 28mm pwk, +4.

Sea level, hot and humid. 52 piolets, one clip rich, 165 main. Leak down test passed after assembly and again after a few runs. Runs like a raped ape after stumble but too hot and seams lean. After shut down the pipes were still smoking. No oil out of silencers. Compression 120 on both. Stator case and wheel were also very dirty?

Carbs are in sync and no leaks I can fin. I thought maybe water but not too much smoke. Second leak test was done with engine installed and radiator cap on.

Not looking for performance at all this is for the wife and teen.

A lot of times pipes were previously ran rich an oily and once you actually start getting heat through them the rite way they will burn the bad packing up . Get a temp gun and check cylinder temps after riding, jetting is damn close considering every motor is diffrent . . I also found the jjh needle works well in ported set ups

That makes sense. Waiting for packing... I have a temp gun. What temp is too hot for head? I know it is hotter than water. My serval runs water at 170hot and 185 head. I did not think the port job with 28s would need bigger jets than my 35 a/s on my serval. My serval is perfect (finally the a/s is a bitch... Almost gave up and went reg pwk) it is perfect at 48 2nd clip cel 160main. This on, with more signal, is at 52, middle jjh, 165. Stumbled bad and looks lean(plugs) hot too fast. What about the old stator? Grasping at straws

I've said this a few times , don't get stuck on jet numbers give it what it wants if the main chops good maybe you need bigger pilots but figure out main first if you don't wanna chop it keep adding main till you lose power then back it down

• Like 1