New banshee cracked the cases

So I bought a new shee and rode it a few times, ran beautiful. It's got +5 timing, pod filters and that's it. But here's the problem I guess the bottom end was gone through previously because the last guy had accidentally cracked it working on it. I went to silver lake to take it on its first big adventure, the 2 simple mods on it help out to say the least. once I got on the dunes I shut it off to get a few pics then when I started it up it litterly ran in reverse, I shit it off again and it was fine. It did this almost every time I started it back up, note that previous to this it had never done it. I had done 2 full laps of the dunes then on the end of the second I heard a retteling from my bottom end kick start erea, I emedietly shit it off. I started it back up, my kick starter caught them slammed forward, my bottom case and my black case on the right hand side both cracked and puked out oil. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what to do now. Thanks

Upload pics from tapatalk love carnage :). I've never heard of a Banshee that could just slap itself in reverse there must be some serious crank issues there. Leak test then buy a Clymers for $30 if you havnt already got one, a flywheel puller for $10 and tear it down, you have a time bomb on your hands. Remeber to leak test again after reassembly.

• 5 months later...

So I'm waking up an older thread but I started this one so what ever but as all ready said my banshee would physically run backwards only when starting, if I shut it off and re started it, it would most of the time run normal. I got the bottom end back to gether and the fly wheel key was NOT sheared and the timing plate bolts were tight. I'm lost as to what it could be, I'm not an electrical expert but maybe a cdi? Also I am going to start a build thread soon so look for that, I'm not cutting any corners on this build so that should be interesting. Thanks guys!