What size motor

Hi, first off want to say awesome site, gave me a lot of info on some different things. Recently bought a banshee, had some problems, boiled down to having 90 psi on both, want to do rebuild but not sure what size motor I have. I know its power valve cheetah. But not sure what size? On top of my dome it says cheetah 68.5 - 21 - 10. Any and all info would be surely appreciated. Thanks

You can take a spark plug out and hand crank the motor to tdc.

Insert a pencil and mark the pencil when piston is at tdc.

Then hand crank motor to BDC, mark pencil again.

Measure distance between both marks and if it equals 54mm or 2.126" it's stock stroke.

4mil stroker >> 58mm or ~2.283"

7mil stroker >> 61mm or ~2.402"

10mil stroker >> 64mm or ~2.520"

Yea that's what I been reading I figured it was bout a 392 or something with the 68.5mm bore and 54mm stroke the guy I bought it from thought it was a 421 but after doing some reading I think its a 392 or something which is bout right.

If I were you, I'd send the whole motor into someone like Redline Racing or FAST.

Find a site sponsor that specializes in Power Valve Cheetah Motors and have them inspect and blueprint everything.

With an engine build, a sponsor would probably charge you $250-$300 to do a complete tear down and reassembly and leak check for you.

This would give you the piece of mind of a solid built motor that you can drop straight back into your frame and be ready to go riding in a weekend.

Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance... Is key to reliability and longevity.

Or, if you have the skill and the know how, send in the crank, the cylinder, domes, top case and have it transfer port matched and the transmission and have it ProMod cut.

Get a Clymer Manual if you don't have one already.

Buy a FAST Carb Sync Tool and learn how to sync and tune your carbs.

Now I'm not sure about Nikasil'd cylinders and how they wear or if they wear, so leave the inspection to the sponsor.

There's so much more to say...

You know strm trpr I would send it out but shipping would be to much I've been doing my own work on snowmobiles last ten plus years or so. So I think I can handle it I do have a Clymer on hand and I just eyeball carbs been doing it on snowmobiles never had any problems.

• Like 1