Help In The Corners

DIABLO BANSHEE

I'm looking for some tips or hints.i've been racing riverfront track in marysville ca.I took 3rd place place in the cal trans final.(3rd in each moto)and a 4th place last weekend in a local race,my problem is i'm losing alot of time in the corners.i'll come around the corner on the gas and my front end will always pull up causing me to have to slow down,i do still have stock a-arms,would the 2+ 1+ help this problem.if so is any one brand better than another?

R U runnin 20 inch rears or 18s?? if your runnin 20 try 18 theyll break lose alittle bit more and bring the front down. as for arms u will definetly take turns quicker. if your on a tight budget go with wicked products arms they are really nice and pretty cheap. they are 395 for bare and 450 powder coated. the arms are camber and caster adjustable and are made from chromoly. go to www.bluetraxx.com to read the reviews

id try to get those arms....you need to lower the bike to corner better, the 18's will help, but dont like deep ruts, make sure you have plenty of sag in your rear shock, try running zero compression and about 60% rebound that will help you squat and not rise as fast, id shorten my swing arm also, youll like it coming out of the corners, the lowest you can get it to the ground without sacrificeing shock performance the better. the elka suspended duncan bikes sit at about 9 inches from the frame at the pegs, to the ground. stock banshee hieght is about 14"s give or take 18's drop you and with your shock correct you should notice a big difference

YOUR SAYING,SHORTEN THE SWING ARE AFTER I GET THE A ARMS WITH THE 2+1

?CAUSE IF I SHORTEN THAT THING NOW I WILL LOOP OVER AT THE TOUCH OF THE GAS TIMES EVERY.I DON'T NEED EXTRA TRACTION,THE BIKE HAS NO PROBLEM THERE.

thats good then........ shorten the swing arm and raise it a gear taller...........

Diablo if you need more info about the chopped swingarm click HERE and if you need more than that do a search.... there's plenty of info. Myself, blue duece, banchetta, meat and mrmatt(the guy that cuts them) all have MANY of hours of riding on our cut arms. For the most part we all ride different terrain so between us you could get all the info you could ever need. Meat climbs 80 degree and steaper coal hills (see img. forum for pics) and has not rolled his yet b/c of the arm.

Mike

WAIT!!!! Unless you want to throw away 30 bones then use mrmatt. He does it for 100 bucks+shipping, Shipping would be about 20bucks both ways. Matt does KICK ASS work, hopefully blue duece will chime back in here and post up a pic of the swingarm matt cut for him. Several other people have cut swingarms by him also, he does REAL good REPUTABLE work. You can take a chance on bob around the corner and spend 20$ extra, or you could pocket the 20$ and buy oil/gas to test your new arm out.

Mike

WAIT!!!! Unless you want to throw away 30 bones then use mrmatt.  He does it for 100 bucks+shipping,  Shipping would be about 20bucks both ways.  Matt does KICK ASS work, hopefully blue duece will chime back in here and post up a pic of the swingarm matt cut for him.  Several other people have cut swingarms by him also, he does REAL  good REPUTABLE work.  You can take a chance on bob around the corner and spend 20$ extra, or you could pocket the 20$ and buy oil/gas to test your new arm out.

Mike

yep mikes right matt is a bad dude allright and has cut plenty of them and aslo knows the stres points and reinforces them as a curtisy to the guy who he doesnt wanna see eat it....id post the pic but id have to send it to someone to post since we are now on the new and improved website..........matt did some finish work on my arm and painted it as well and i paid him extra, but for 100 bucks, paint ready you cant beat matts services he really really does a good job......