Advice for sand tires.

I have a 9x9 omf rear wheel. I can't seem to find a 21" paddle tire with 8 or more paddles. I take that back, eBay had a couple but they seemed like cheapys. Can anyone help me find a 21" paddle. My bike is a 4mil cub. I don't want a 22" tire though

Edited by Moe.Laub

• 3 months later...

I've been getting into hill climbing and the other week I went to Monson MA. I ran my regular trail set up with Holeshot GNCC's. I learned real quick that the set up, especially the tires were not cutting it. It was a really sandy hill and towards the end of the day the hill dryed up and got really loose.

I'm looking for a sand tire set up. The thing is, and I'm not entirely sure if it was just this hill, but they only allowed paddle tires with a break in the paddle, which I don't quite understand. I'd imagine what it sounds like.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Brand, type, size, etc.

I've been getting into hill climbing and the other week I went to Monson MA. I ran my regular trail set up with Holeshot GNCC's. I learned real quick that the set up, especially the tires were not cutting it. It was a really sandy hill and towards the end of the day the hill dryed up and got really loose.

I'm looking for a sand tire set up. The thing is, and I'm not entirely sure if it was just this hill, but they only allowed paddle tires with a break in the paddle, which I don't quite understand. I'd imagine what it sounds like.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Brand, type, size, etc.

Was there any other banshees there? Last time I went it was all dirt bikes. But the first time I went to watch there was a bunch of cool banshees with dm motors in them and other quads.

low profile skat trak. Don't need a bunch of paddles maybe 8-10. I run these on a 400ex with a 440 motor in loose sand. Its fun to ride but tends to kick out a bit when turning and you can get sideways if you are on the gas hard. Its fun. I can't do this on the banshee because I have drag style skat traks on 8" rims and its more like balloon tires. Its woblles side to side on the trails... but the low profile I have on the 400 are much better. It does very good on the hills too. I plan on getting some new ones for the banshee once I finish installing a new motor. The one thing that I like about the skats is that they are light and are best traction in loose loamy trails and sand. If I were to pick another tire it would be the turf tamers. You can mod your tires by cutting the lugs off to form a type of paddle and this is what hill climbers do when in a certain class and can't run paddles.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...