Stator and Flywheel Problems

Long time no see... The last time I went for a ride I seemed to have a high end miss. On the way back to my truck i crossed a small puddle and the bike died and took 5 mins to get started again. Got it running brought it home and it ran alright again so I washed it. Dead again. So today I pulled the stator cover and found obvious signs of water. I cleaned the contacts on the flywheel with a wire brush and it seemed to run a lot better and the miss was gone. But I had a few questions. What is going on with the yellow flywheel is it aftermarket or some backyard surface rust fix? Should I pull the flywheel and buy one on here while it's apart? It felt like it ran good to me. Also back by the cases behind the stator I noticed some rust/corrosion, if this flywheel is alright to run is it worth pulling the flywheel to clean it or do they all have it? From what I could see of the stator through the holes in the flywheel it looked alright. Figured I'd get some opinions while it's apart. Now for the pics

f86249d9e9911c52000a3ab3c80bc1ff.jpg

6a05bd0fd09753bade1da85dd1069e53.jpg

37d05d9192ca724b504721170d9df1ff.jpg

51ae917626607ece6a74bba9313e6a03.jpg

Clean up everything in there. The flywheel was painted but should be ok. I would clean it all and reassemble with the pickup gap set at 16 to 18 thousandths. You could even have all that blasted by someone who blasts with a softer media like crushed walnut shells. Most sandblasting places can do that.