need sizing of stock a arms

alrights guy I fucked up, ordered +2 full flight a arms, read instructions and they call for doing one side at a time with your stock a arms still on the bike to measure the size of stock a arms and add +2 inches to stock size to adjust the full flights, problem is i threw the stock old a arms away, can somebody measure their bottom and top stock a arm for me, if you have better instructions for me then the full flights instructions i would appreciate it, thanks

That makes zero sense. The ball joints on the end of the arms screw in an out to adjust the camber of the tires. If your a arms themselves are stock length and they are telling you to run those ball joints out 2 inches from the arms to get a +2 set up is retarded. The further you screw them out the more risk you take of one snapping off.

FKN JUNK

You use the heims on the frame side to set your castor. Screw them all the way in and only move out one side to get it where it needs to be. Do a quick google on Castor and it'll make sense.

Ball joints will be where you set your Camber. -1 or 2 degrees will be plenty.

Tie rods are used to set toe in and toe out. All kinds of different preferences on this one. Just give it a good eye ball on where you like it and use a tape measure down the center lines of the tires to check it all.

That makes zero sense. The ball joints on the end of the arms screw in an out to adjust the camber of the tires. If your a arms themselves are stock length and they are telling you to run those ball joints out 2 inches from the arms to get a +2 set up is retarded. The further you screw them out the more risk you take of one snapping off.

FKN JUNK

Whoa. That's not how they work. They aren't Un screwing a ball joint 2". The arms are pretty close with just the ball joints all the way in. But they need some fine tuning. So they say measure the stocker eye to joint. Add 2" to that measurement and that's where you should have the ball joint on their arms. It's to keep the spindle where it should be.

Say the factory arm is say 12 3/8". But when you assemble the new arm and thread the ball joint all the way in you get 14 1/4". You unscrew the ball joint 1/8" and it would put the spindle in a factory position

• Like 1

I've never once done that with any a-arms I've owned. Just set camber/castor and ride

Same here.

They send directions out like that because they want even the most simple minded folks to be able to set things up with out any technical mumbo jumbo. But if some one has no clue how to do an alignment and they don't read the directions, you get this thread!

Whoa. That's not how they work. They aren't Un screwing a ball joint 2". The arms are pretty close with just the ball joints all the way in. But they need some fine tuning. So they say measure the stocker eye to joint. Add 2" to that measurement and that's where you should have the ball joint on their arms. It's to keep the spindle where it should be.

Say the factory arm is say 12 3/8". But when you assemble the new arm and thread the ball joint all the way in you get 14 1/4". You unscrew the ball joint 1/8" and it would put the spindle in a factory position

The way he was describing it is exactly what it sounded like. Maybe it with better punctuation and a better description it may have made more sense but it sounded to me like he was saying to get his +2 width he had to do it by using the ball joints. Which is incorrect.

FKN JUNK