Baffling changes

Jcarney

Ok so has anyone changed the baffling on their silencers? For example- I was thinking about wrappin the first 6 inches of the baffle with a piece of tin so the air doesn't hit the baffle and start tumbling until later in the silencer and for a shorter period of time. My thought is it may be more of a straight pipe? Less resistance? Thoughts?

but not many do correct? I thought back pressure was most important on a 4 stroke motor? there will still be back pressure going from the size of the flange on the cylinder and then expansion chamber to the 7/8 flange to the silencer? correct me in any way you can Im trying to learn everything I can

If you know in your head what direction the exhaust goes after the first time it leaves the cylinder, and at what speed, you would have the knowledge if what you can do to those pipes.

On that note: you can shorten the silencer a bit and get a small improvement on sound and pull a few more RPM's. Nothing serious, but it's really about the only change you should be thinking of making to those.

I've read that lengthening stingers can create lean conditions. Don't fuck with something you don't understand. Back pressure your referring to is return waves needed to pulse back unburnt fuel the tapered back end of your expansion chamber acts as a closed end pipe creating this effect. Buy new pipes that can produce what your after. If I'm wrong. .....maybe I should lay off the bong before reading.

Sent from your mammy house