Motor noise...help

Duster19

I had a buddy of mine who owned a bike shop and he didn't think it was coming from top end?  I hope he might be right :)

I've listened to a few youtube videos of banshee engine noise today... one said it was impeller and the other video said his noise was stator magneto...

What's your thoughts on those options???

Water pump is an easy one to do. Pull the coolant hose off the clutch cover to drain it. Pull kick starter, then the clutch cover. Lay it on something soft so you don't frigg up the sealing surface while working on it. Pull the pump cover off. Then remove the plate and clean it up. From the back pop the little clip off the shaft. This will allow the plastic gear, washer, and little pin come free. Now push the shaft out. Pop the seal out and use a punch on the outer bearing race to shove the bearing out. Reverse order for install.

So was mine! Jank ass shop I used, only used one piston for both cylinders. If that's not what caused it, then it was their shit hand work when boring, and honing.

Sent from your mammy house

Edited by bigweav81

Up to you. After my experience with local. Shops around here. I'll pay shipping, and send my shit to site sponsors period. Yours maybe fine man, just saying mine sounded similar

Sent from your mammy house

98Xsheester and others...

So are we thinking the sound is the water pump?  If it is, how easy will it be to tell with just removing the water pump cover?  Or will I need to remove the clutch cover as well to see the condition of the gear?

Thanks,

Sheester, let me know what you find out if you tear into yours before me.

Edited by Duster19