I have a question .

I got new top end domes ,pistons,everything.

Motor petty scary a lot of power i love it

Did a few passes probably 4 of them and on 5th pass the spark plug broke on my left cylinder

And when i open the motor i see like the cylinder melt . Left piston looks really bad and right side is new here some pictures .Can f3fceb66b01a69aac2e1d21f74591e62.jpge68d148afdc0575a1e07e2a958b3d9bc.jpg6dc053fbf835886d6f381cabd2462f10.jpgsome one tell me why it did this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

938f9d0ffb5702cadd543baf10de8e00.jpgcf47a563cabf798e1b3c820e8ab0b94e.jpg

This is the other piston and the domes .

What broke was the spark plug lectron.

It when in to the piston .

I tune the bike really good i don't think was lean but hell i don't even know now.

You guy think i can save those cylinders ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like said above, a simple leakdown test would've prevented this.

Left side obviously had an intake leak and leaned out or something in the left carb leaned out and burned it down.

The piston crown is melted on the exhaust side, signifying high EGT's.

So it dropped the porcelain for the piston in the motor, or just melted the strap? I'd agree with what the others have said about it going lean. There's a million variations of why so you will have to diagnose that. Is this strictly a drag bike? If yes, and you can't get the cyld to clean up and stay in spec I'd have just that one cyld bored, new piston, put it together and run it. Yes the bores are missmatched. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but most on here are to fucking stupid to pour piss out of a boot so I couldn't care less. You can either spend a little time with a cutting tool and remove some material from the bottom side of the new larger piston to get the weights close, or you do what I would do and just put the fucker in and run it.

• Like 1

938f9d0ffb5702cadd543baf10de8e00.jpg

The left dome is missing an o-ring, unless it fell off before the picture.

Check your float height too.

I know you're not on stock carbs, but stock float height is 20+/-1mm.

Edited by Strm Trpr

What was your current bore? Take them to a machine shop, and they can tell you how far it would take to clean them up.

I like it!! ^^^

Question for n2o, I believe they call you Green, if the OP ends up boring that one cylinder, will he a) have to jet that side differently, and B) match the mass of the larger piston to that of the lighter piston?

Edited by Strm Trpr