Just how hard are R1 shocks on the front

Rapture

This is mine with standard R1 springs and with +3 arms they are "just" soft enough but only just, the pit bike shock is probably anything but 500lbs the chinks will write anything on them to get a sale.

P1030438.jpg

Yea thats what i was thinking about the chink suspension. You never know what your gunna get.

DNM do some nice shocks but the only ones suitable  come in 250lbs or 1000 lbs so im guessing one gunna be to hard and the other to soft..

Are those R1 shocks 300mm eye to eye? Ive seen others but the a arms don't look as flat as yours.

Yes they are 300 eye to eye but my arms are +3 and made for a longer than standard shock. You can always get custom springs from Faulkners they are not too expensive but I'm sure they could match you up something close from stock.

Cheers for that. Checked out their site and their choice is endless ... could be a winner.

What in the world? Am I the only one who thinks all this talk about putting motorcycle rear shocks on the front is dumb? They are going to be insanely stiff, so there is actually discussion about spending money to revalve them?

Here is a CRAZY idea, buy shorter ATV shocks and buy a sway bar. That way you don't kill somebody when you hit bump in the road and your front end bounces off the ground.

BTW, motorcycle shocks on the front is NOT a super moto "setup."

In super moto there are jumps which means you have to have suspension that actually works...

Wtf do you know about jumping?