Can't start it

Hi, last time I couldn't start it so I thought to myself it would be a good idea to put some kleen-flo in it. I think it didn't changed much though. The only way I could start it was pushing it down a hill. The first time it only kept its fire for 3 seconds. Second time went good. Was reving really high but I didn't wait the motor to get warmed up. So I went up and down back and forth through the hill through 1st 2nd and third gear reving high. After that, I thought to myself well I got it unflooded so it's allright to turn it off. Then I started it back 1 minute later on first kick. Was reving good then left cylinder started to bog and the rpm dropped from 3500 to 2000 ( I have a guage ). I tried to give it some gas but went like beeerp beeeerp berp then stalled. Couldn't start it back again. Now today I put a new spark plug onto the left cylinder got it starting after 20 kicks was reving high like 4000 rpm then after 1 minute same thing happened... Note that yesterday when I decided to troubleshoot this, I checked if my spark plugs were actually making sparks. So I took a brand new spark plug and kicked the same spark plug on the 2 different wire plugs. On the right cylinder plug there was a more noticeable spark than on the left one. Same plug though. So does my coil is damaged? What's wrong? Please help me guys thanks a lot.

You have some serious issues going on. When they just start revving high and it's not due to a recent carb adjustment then the motor is telling you there is a problem. Typically a high rev is caused by a lean condition. In your case it's probably an air leak that's causing it. The motor needs to be compression tested and have a leak down test performed. At this point if imagine the side that is low on compression and causing the hard start issue, it's probably got an air leak.

Those two steps will tell you what and why, and where to go next.

• Like 1

You have some serious issues going on. When they just start revving high and it's not due to a recent carb adjustment then the motor is telling you there is a problem. Typically a high rev is caused by a lean condition. In your case it's probably an air leak that's causing it. The motor needs to be compression tested and have a leak down test performed. At this point if imagine the side that is low on compression and causing the hard start issue, it's probably got an air leak.

Those two steps will tell you what and why, and where to go next.

Ok I will do a compression test. How do I perform a leak down test?

Alright guys, what's the matter? There is no need to be rude or anything. I now understand I should not play with it until I have done both tests.

There is as much need for rudeness as there is for stupidity. Both are not needed but both are clearly evident. Typically they go hand in hand.
  • Like 1