No hole for choke in right carb

bendog

So I bought a blown 89 that belonged to my girlfriends brother. He ran it after the idle screw (tors removed) fell out. I'm rebuilding it.

I'm getting it all put back together now, and in the process of cleaning the carbs, was using compressed air to blow out the passages, left carb went fine, but as I was blowing out the right carb, nothing went through at the choke crossover port. I used a pick to feel in there, and nothing. Got a good flashlight, looks like there's no opening or anything in there.  

There HAS to be a hole, right? Am I missing something?

Just looked at the right carb off of my 04, there's a hole through the port, connected to another hole into the carb, the way it seems like it should be, I've had my 04 since new and no one but me has worked on it. I'm sure it's stock.

On the 89, I'm thinking I should just drill a hole through the brass plug on top of where the choke hole should be, all the way down into the throttle body, then carefully drill another through the choke port on the side to connect the two, tap the top hole, and put in a brass plug.

Has anyone ever heard of this? 

I'm sure I'm in the right spot. The other two are side ports are bowl vents. They're clear. The pic hoppedupandcutdown posted is exactly where it's at. There's no hole into the carb for either side choke tube connection. My 04 seems to prove it.