Glamis Next Week

Wallrat

I'll be leaving for Glamis on Sunday morning, staying until Wednesday.  If anyone's off, you're welcome to meet me there.  Drop me a pm if you think you can make it.

Wallrat:

Can you pick me up on the way? I'll even chip in on gas :)

I'd give my left nut and my wife to make it.... and I'm way more attached to my......... well ya know :lol:

Hmm...how about you meet me on the 405 fwy. If you can manage that then sure I'll pick ya up! I think I might try volunteering for the Dune Patrol if nobody can go with me. Last time I went to Pismo by myself and I ended up just following around a bunch of people on rental ATV's all week. People get really paranoid when they're out for a nice leisurely ride and some a-hole is screaming all over the place behind them. Eventually they'd stop and be like, "WHO ARE YOU?!?!" I just assume that if they saw somebody get launched headfirst into a ditch they might stop.

Hmm...how about you meet me on the 405 fwy.  If you can manage that then sure I'll pick ya up!  I think I might try volunteering for the Dune Patrol if nobody can go with me.  Last time I went to Pismo by myself and I ended up just following around a bunch of people on rental ATV's all week.  People get really paranoid when they're out for a nice leisurely ride and some a-hole is screaming all over the place behind them.  Eventually they'd stop and be like, "WHO ARE YOU?!?!"  I just assume that if they saw somebody get launched headfirst into a ditch they might stop.

Wallrat:

The 405... Hmm How far is that from hartford? I survived SoCali's traffic in a 22' motorhome... so thats no big deal :)

As for following a bunch of renters.... Thats a Kodak moment! I can just imagine them like.. "WTF is with this guy" hehe

i went to the glamis site and there area alot of rules. just wanted to see if there was some underground rules that people should know about like it says you cant drink alcohol there but do people drink there? says no noise past 10pm but can you go out in the middle of the night and ride? says 15 mph in certain spots is it really 15mph? and what is that spot in some movies where theres a bunch of people lined up and trucks and quads are just driving by doesnt look like a road just a long section of straight sand and about a couple hundred people lined up on the side watchin.

i went to the glamis site and there area alot of rules. just wanted to see if there was some underground rules that people should know about like it says you cant drink alcohol there but do people drink there? says no noise past 10pm but can you go out in the middle of the night and ride? says 15 mph in certain spots is it really 15mph? and what is that spot in some movies where theres a bunch of people lined up and trucks and quads are just driving by doesnt look like a road just a long section of straight sand and about a couple hundred people lined up on the side watchin.

yes, yes, yes, and sand drags near gecko road.

Also higher camping permit fees this year. Don't bring glass bottles, and make sure your quad is registered, they have a tendency to stop everyone on the way in and check on large weekends.

Yep make sure it's registered and take your paperwork with you unless your quad is in an enclosed trailer or toy box. On the last HQ trip to Gordon's Well they tried to take my Dad's buggy because there wasn't a vin number on the frame. There was a vin number on the motor and the green sticker checked out good and was in our name, yet they still tried to take our buggy until they realized that they were being huge PRICKS! And i threatened to drive by with a cup of shit and throw it on the highest ranked officer. They wouldn't have caught me they were only CHP. <_< Fuckin Smucks

for out of staters bring the title or bill of sale from that state something saying you bought it and with the vin number on it. Cali is no joke when it comes to registration and they will inpound it... bring some kind of paperwork i would not go empty handed or you may leave that way with no bike

they also do a sobriety check point so be careful about drinking and riding.

Just act human ,, If you are not acting the fool the center of attention you should be fine i would stay off gecko rd at night to many cops dont worry you will find it.. And that is about it they are really only looking for the trouble makers or people who look like they ae up to no good wich there are alot of.. Side note bring a big lock and chane and chain everything up and circle around it so you dont get jacked..

There is so much riding area that if you avoid everyone and go in the dunes away from the drags comp store so on you probably wont see any and not have problems. When you are by the hot spots in these areas ride nice and slow and be aware of whats going on around you.. ;)

Dont drink and ride....