killer work, did you ride it much with the 250 in it

Thanks Deadbeat..

I did get a few decent rides on the YZ motor before it blew. It had some balls at first but not as much as i was anticipating. I think i was a little disappointed right away that it didnt scare the shit out of me or even make my heart rate go up lol. Mostly i think it was the motor was tired. It needed a top end and an intake boot which i could not find anywhere because the bike was so old they stopped manufacturing certain parts.

I did eventually rebuild the YZ with a re-sleeved cylinder 0.5mm bore and weisco piston. The cylinder i bought used off of ebay and to my amazement it also came with an intake which was kick ass. After the rebuild i stuck it in a Blaster roller i had in the shop and was just going to try and sell it and recoop some lost money. My home boy Harvey who is my riding pal seen the swap i done and convinced me to keep it in our collection of hybrids. We nicknamed it "The Blister" cause youd sure enough have a handful of them from trying to hang on to the snappy little death trap lol. I ve heard the 2000-06 are where its at for the YZ 250 maybe someday ill try it again and see how it rips over the 1991. 

[/url]">http://http://s24.photobucket.com/user/rcmcllc/media/44f14727-b312-4384-b32d-db4f1e11506e_zps6rkyvxzc.jpg.html'>44f14727-b312-4384-b32d-db4f1e11506e_zps

Great job man, bike looks sick, i bet its a blast to ride too :headbang:

Thanks Jigsaw.

It is totally a blast to ride. It handles like a dream with the long travel suspension and i think the YFZ is sligtly more compact and lighter than the banshee so it has a little more snort to throw around. Its always fun seeing peoples reaction when they realize that it aint no 4 poke.

Fucking tits clown! The colors and graphics are almost exactly how I envision mine would be.

Thanks Tricked. I originally wanted to go black plastic over candy apple red chassis until i priced new fenders holy man. So i just had to make the most out of the white plastics i already had. Ive always had a hard time with finding a graphic kit that looks good on white but this one here might be the best one ive ever come across. And now 6 months later i was going to order another set of the same graphics so i could have front fenders non race cut only i cant find them to be available anymore. Might have to do up a DFR set next round. 

• Like 1

Thanks again everybody who gave kind remarks to my build!!!

Well i was thinking that its really hard for me to not share the current status of the YFZ/Banshee until ive covered the build tutorial. So i think ill just do a doudle post of the build process as it progressing leading up to current, and the current goings on with the bike and in the final stages. Please youll have to bear with me as im still gathering my pics from a crashed PC as well as working 60 hours per week makes it hard to find the time to lay it out in order. Ill do my best. Thanks for following along.

Peace  

Clownboy