370 squish specs on alky

fbt551

Im putting together a 370 built for alky the piston seems to be .019-.020 below deck height at tdc and the head has about the same at the edge of the squish band I am using sodder about .070 thick and its barely touching when I rotate I've checked squish before but its not making sense i was also using a .020 base gasket but it wasn't even touching at .070 so I took it off and that's when I got it to touch the sodder any ideas?

Last one I put together was with 70 mm wsm pistons it sat .005 below deck with .020 base , a lot of the old 370 shit I have seen has been decked some on the bottom side cylinders

So they shave some off of the base? I would get is to sit at 0 deck height and just the the head cit for alky between .040 and .050

Good nees for you. Wiseco blaster pistons and a longrod stock stroke end up.031 or .032 shorter than they are supposed to. You need the cyls down basically .032. I have fixed two of that combo. One was a cub, one a stocker. Don't try to fix it with the head. It needs out off the bottom of the cyls too correct port timing and blowdown. I like .036 to.040 squish on an alky 350 depending on pipes.