crank seal

kryder

Okay may be a question answered elsewhere, but what are the symptoms of a bad crabk seal? Ive seen people say one side will smoke real bad. Mine smokes hard on the right but after i run it for while they equal out. Is it temperature based? Compression is 145ish both sides. Is this something i should worry about?

if the bike runs ok  hasnt nede to be rejetted a LOT or dosent seem to hang at all off idle.  its probably ok.  when the clutch side seal goes bad you will smoke hardcore out the clutch side pipe and loose fluid.  most times if thats the case something has broken in the case and damaged the seal.

stator side can result in the bike just never seeming to run right and/or jetting never can seem to be right.

center case seal can run fine at cold then as bike warms up it starts to act all nutty.  pops or falls on its face  or starts to smoke bad on either cyl and looses cranks case oil.

best thing is to do leak down test.  synch carbs, and fresh gas new plugs ohms test plug caps  test spark strength. 

I mean it rides fine. I know my jetting needs fixed and i need to set floats in carbs. it starts easy and runs well. Just if your cruising at low rpm and get on it then it bogs alittle but if you launch (meaning 1st-6th as fast as possible) it does fine hitting the power band. The liquid in the pipe does not look or smell like belray.