Carb question

Flint707

First thing to do is get a Clymers repair manual, or find the download on this site. When you have carbs apart, set float level. Fuck, might just as well clean them, install new float needle valve and seat, set float height.

Has a leak down test ever been done on your fresh engine?

What exactly is it doing that you feel is wrong enough to consider carbs.

What's the name of the shop , Ben Dover Racing?  All deliveries in the rear, take it like a man.

dude it is really easy to take apart im 17 and i had just about everything apart and cleaned mine. i didnt remove all the jets but i sprayed them really clean. if you go to www.partzilla.com look up your machine. select OEM parts. Find the carburetor diagram. youtube is also very helpful. I paid $10 for cleaner and it took me less than an hour

I'm a little late to this party but posts 16, 17 and 20 said it all. The Clymer's manual is the best investment you can make for your bike. I will say my set up is similar though I do have porting work done.

The stock carbs will serve you just fine as long as you don't get em wet while you're riding .

After you get a little experience with them, you may want to upgrade to Kehein (sp?) pwk28's. I could never get rid of the hard powerband hit with the stocks, no matter how much I played with the jetting but with the pwk28's my throttle response is extremely smooth and predictable, and the issues with the water are gone.

Good luck and have fun

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by muggzy