what else can i do to make my bike shift easier?

ryan954

My bike is kinda hard to shift at high rmp. I already have the modded shift star and modded shift shaft from jeff over at fast. New rod ball clutch adjuster and actuator. New hinson basket. New stock inner hub and driveline pressur plate. I run 2 oem springs and 3 heavy duty. I also have the ez shift and New eccentric stud.I spent a whole day playing with adjustments and the bike still doesn't ss easy as i want it to. Is there anything else i can do to make it shift easier. Im currently in the middle of a rebuild. Im doing a 421 several on pump gas.

yeah a modded trans is a must. I have one in mine and my girlfriends. Butter. My next one is going to be done by camatv on here. his is supposed to be one of the best stock modded trans around. Trans need to be inspected very close for a bent shaft, worn gears, bad dogs, and smooth movement on all the bearings. I beat myself up for 2 months with a trans that the shaft had a bur where the gear slid.

I had the same problem with shifting at high RPMs. Sent my trans out to Camatv, and yeah... shifts real nice now! All it takes is a blip of the clutch, and I get the next gear, haven't missed a shift yet, and I can also get neutral without having to shut down the bike.

My trans mods besides Camatv going through the gearsets: modded shift star, roller bearing on the detent, modded shift shaft, and the "pancake" bearing in the clutch. I chose to stay with the stock springs on everything.

Best of luck on your build!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but Cam at Redline can build you a hell of a trans that will shift great.  :ph34r: