Sheerider11

Surfertim

Is this guy the banshee cop or what, goes through posts something in everybodies ads with no interest or intention to buy. He really seems to have a inflated ego and knows all about everything.

THis isn't the appropriate place for this thread. If you haven't had any kind of bad transaction with him other than tire kicking this thread isn't warranted.

So yeah, I am a banshee cop. I'm looking out for other peoples safety, while your trying to sell these tires off as drag slicks.

I'll quote directly off Carlisle's site.

The difference comes from the design. This tire specializes in quickly manicuring the greens without creating marks from the tire treads. The Carlisle Smooth tire tread is just what it says: “smooth”. This tire is like the slicks on a dragster. Of course your lawn mower won’t get up to those speeds. If you see one going that fast, you know it’s some kind of stunt.

This is a bias ply tubeless tire and is not approved for highway use.

• Like 1

Is this guy the banshee cop or what, goes through posts something in everybodies ads with no interest or intention to buy. He really seems to have a inflated ego and knows all about everything.

he doesnt do that and he was very civilised about the whole thing, all he did was provide more info about the tires and voice his concern that those lawnmower tires probably arent up to the kind of abuse/speed rating a drag bike will put them through

• Like 1

he doesnt do that and he was very civilised about the whole thing, all he did was provide more info about the tires and voice his concern that those lawnmower tires probably arent up to the kind of abuse/speed rating a drag bike will put them through

yup. I guess he didn't like that. I'd rather keep people safe and share info. Him being a race car tech team leader or whatever, safety should be his top priority. He should also know the difference and consequences of running these tires. Just because it worked once for him doesn't make it right. 

He hasn't posted a link or anything proving me wrong. Just saying it worked for the trip around the block that one time.

If he post up data sheets or links of people using these to go over 12 mph safely for extended periods of time I'll gladly retract my statement. Until then, people should buy these with complete knowledge on what they are and what there meant for.  

• Like 2

• 3 years later...