Spark Plug choices

Ollies930

Has anyone ever tried something different than the standard plugs for gasoline? For instance a NGK BPR8EIx Iridium plug with extended tip? From what I have read on other two stroke race motors, the extended tip gave a few extra horsepower, presumably due to a quicker burn from a more centralized location and the Iridium part should help our old ignition systems produce a better spark.

Or so goes the theory. Question is, has anybody actually tried this and been able to quantify any gains/losses on a dyno?

theres a list a mile long of little things that could probly get you 1/4hp here and there. im thinking a couple hp on the plug is unlikely but then again ive never messed around much with different plugs though. never indexed them in certain directions either, which is something ive heard may have have slight gains but to me its not worth the hassle to try and find out

for fuk sakes why are you even asking, go test the plug and see if its true. should be easy enough .

put some epoxy in your transfers while your at it. then youll have a answer for that also

ive never been the type to rely on other people to make up my mind for me. i would rather find the answer myself. now go to the garage and get to work

Edited by registered user