banshee crank options

np88

Hi guys, new to the forums and I was wondering if someone could steer me in the right direction. I have a 88 banshee that had a siezed piston when I got it . The rod that was on that side has a little more play to it. Should I get some weisco rod kits and new bearings for my stock crank and have it trued and balanced or go aftermarket? Im just kind of scared to run a hot rods crank cause ive seen vids and seen posts on here about the lower rod bearings siezed up and what not. The bearings are made in china and I dont feel comfortable with that. Are their any other reliable cranks that run u.s. or jap bearings? Weisco or vitos? I already bought pistons so it needs to be 110mm rod stock stroke . Thank you guys

Hi guys, new to the forums and I was wondering if someone could steer me in the right direction. I have a 88 banshee that had a siezed piston when I got it . The rod that was on that side has a little more play to it. Should I get some weisco rod kits and new bearings for my stock crank and have it trued and balanced or go aftermarket? Im just kind of scared to run a hot rods crank cause ive seen vids and seen posts on here about the lower rod bearings siezed up and what not. The bearings are made in china and I dont feel comfortable with that. Are their any other reliable cranks that run u.s. or jap bearings? Weisco or vitos? I already bought pistons so it needs to be 110mm rod stock stroke . Thank you guys

i PM'D you

in the dirtbike world, hotrods crankshaft assemblies are at the bottom of the qaulity list, right next to wiseco. not sure how they hold up for the banshee stuff though. if you want to avoid china and taiwan stuff as much as possible you could probly put some prox rods and lower pin on the hotrods webs.  you can check into it yourself but from my research the 03.2310F prox rod should go on the hotrod webs but youll need to cut the pin length down about 4mm. simple as pie for a machinist or any legitimate crank shop. i think k&t has some billet rods but im not sure of the details on them