Abe

LCW

I expect to get a part that is as described by the seller whether it is new or used. Two months later or not, it didn't get bent this bad in shipping and it sure as hell didn't get bent on the bench. I see that the thread has been moved. This site is nothing but politics. This situation would be totally different if I sold the axle to Abe.

Once again, I refer you to my post about sellers.

Do you expect every person selling a crank or axle to own a set of V blocks ? Because I doubt the average guy will notice .030 runout.

• Like 2

I expect to get a part that is as described by the seller whether it is new or used. Two months later or not, it didn't get bent this bad in shipping and it sure as hell didn't get bent on the bench. I see that the thread has been moved. This site is nothing but politics. This situation would be totally different if I sold the axle to Abe.

I moved the thread. If you don't like it take it up with Tyler. Otherwise stop your bitching and run the damn axle. You bought used parts at a used price.

I wasnt gonna post in this anymore but it's so much fun I can't resist , this axle was actually bought from another bhq member, it may have had 4hrs use tops in my possession. The axle obviously had the .030 deflection when purchased from him. I believe that I should be refunded the og purchase price and he should refund LCW his money as well for the complications. This member is lurking here so if he wishes to make this right it shall be up to him

Sprinkler, you have all the answers. You obviously know nothing about measuring a shaft of any kind. Shafts are round. .030 deflection, one way equals .060 run out. Either way I'm past measurements and arguing with you about it. Maybe Abe should have said it looks straight, but don't know for sure. Instead he said it was straight. Doesn't matter if it is .002 or .030 out of spec. It's not straight.

Sprinkler, you have all the answers. You obviously know nothing about measuring a shaft of any kind. Shafts are round. .030 deflection, one way equals .060 run out. Either way I'm past measurements and arguing with you about it. Maybe Abe should have said it looks straight, but don't know for sure. Instead he said it was straight. Doesn't matter if it is .002 or .030 out of spec. It's not straight.

Still didn't answer my original question. ...

Sprinkler I'll post you a video of the noticeable bend when in the carrier. Still doesn't make a shit if I feel it or not. It was supposed to be straight, so take your sorry ass points and piss off.

So,,,still no position,, still going to evade the question?

Should every crank and axle be checked accurately in V blocks before shipment?

If you claim it's straight then it should be checked to confirm. Usually a bent shaft is noticeable just as this one is when in the carrier. Not evading anything.

Edit .

Never mind. This is an unfortunate situation. I know Abe is honest, and I'm sure your a good guy too. It's just a risky deal buying used.

That's why I don't buy used carbs or cranks. Just too hard to confirm anything.

You know what zilla, Abe had the axle in a carrier. I never did until just recently. It is clearly noticeable in the carrier. Reason I didn't check it with the indicator then is because I trusted Abe's word that it was straight. You don't know me. So you fuck off.

Man I just sold a guy an axle last week, and he specifically asked me if it was straight, I ride the bike, it felt great, I tor apart bike and looked at the axle and it looked, pretty dam straight to me, so I told him exactly that. Now if he came to me tomorrow with all of this, I honestly wouldn't know what to say? Cause like I believe sprinkler said, the majority don't have the tools or the knowledge to know how to specifically measure it for straightness, nor so we have the time for that. I believe since majority say the amount this thing is out, doesn't even matter, then if buyer needed the part to be that perfect, maybe they should of asked for it to be measured? JMO

But I sell lots of used parts, if they pass riding test and visual inspection, they are considered a good used part. Unless the buyer needs more from me and asked for more (such as measurements) this is all they get.

It's a shitty situation for both parties, I actually feel for you both.

I wasnt gonna post in this anymore but it's so much fun I can't resist , this axle was actually bought from another bhq member, it may have had 4hrs use tops in my possession. The axle obviously had the .030 deflection when purchased from him. I believe that I should be refunded the og purchase price and he should refund LCW his money as well for the complications. This member is lurking here so if he wishes to make this right it shall be up to him

I ain't givin you shit back! You can both sukit!