Cold Start Issue

dgk30

I am having an issue staring my banshee when it hasnt been started in a couple days. It will not stat no matter what until I spray a bit of carb cleaner in the carbs then she fires right up first kick and will run without issue the rest of the day, even restarting later in the day is first kick, then if I travel with it or let it sit for a day the problem starts again, Ive started just keeping carb cleaner with be because thats the only way I can get it to kick over on the first start of the day. Ive cleaned the carbs twice, the float height is correct, and the bowls are filling up properly, every time I take them off they are full.  Its as if the bike has trouble drawing gas at first, once its there its fine. Anny help is appreciated.

What jets and what mods are done to the bike?

2001 banshee, Toomey T5's, Stock airbox with no lid and a K&N clampled to a pro flow plate, boysen Rad cages with I believe the carbon reeds, Cool head, no idea on dome size just bought the bike. running dominator oil mixed 32:1, premium fuel.

280 mains

25 pilots

needle clip 4th from the top (also see picture, the needles that are in it are significantly longer than the ones that came in my stock rebuild kit, maybe thats my problem?)

elevation here is roughly 700ft above sea level I believe

Let me know if there is anything I missed.

post-48088-0-90041900-1410211549.jpg

Edited by dgk30

The hard to start is because the pilot is pretty lean. Ok, really lean. You would need at least a 27.5 pilot. Those needles are gonna be a seperate issue as well. I can't understand why almost every rebuild kit has way leaner needles. If both of the originals are in good condition try cleaning them up and run those on the second clip from the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...