Help please.

Jones98

Well I just took off on a little ride on my banshee. I started it up, let it warm up for a while and went down the road to some trails. When I got there I stopped and pulled the clutch in to cross a mud hole slowly, but my banshee just died. It wouldn't start back without giving it gas while kicking. It's never done this to me before, won't idle or start right. After this I turned and rode back to my house. When I got in my yard it felt really weak and smoke was only coming from the right pipe. I wasn't even riding it hard at all why would it do this? On the way it felt fine till I stopped. It's dark right now and it's still hot so I just put her away and came inside. It's not locked up but do I need a new top end? It's never fouled a plug before but could that be it? I'm really worried about it could someone please help me out as to what's wrong? I'd really appreciate it...

Ok so I just got home and checked the plugs. They were both pretty dirty, but I put my thumb over the top of the left cylinder, no compression. Right cylinder has some, but left is non existent. It wouldn't even start. Should I start tearing it down to look at the pistons?

No. Do a leakdown test before you pull it apart. If the crank seals are leaking and you rebuild the topend and put it together and then do a leakdown test, and find leaky seals, then you have to tear it all back apart again. It's possible that an air leak caused your problems. You need to find out if that is the case.

Well I have bad news. Just got done tearing the top end down only to find that the left piston is chewed up on the top, as well as the head and the rings are destroyed. The right side is near perfect but the left side has some play on the crank. What the hell am I going to do??? I've never replaced a crank and I don't even know how much it will cost. Somebody help me here. Do I need a new crank? How much are they and what kind should I get and how hard are they to replace? This really bums me out cuz I'm only 16 and I don't have much cash at the moment.

Stock crank? If so just snatch up a nice good condition used crank and have it trued and welded. Also have TDR send ya a pair of good bearings for it. Have the head milled and re chambered. Get the cylinders looked at to decide whether it needs honed or bored to the next size. Fresh gaskets and seals. Check everything else out and make a list of whatever parts you think are questionable looking and call Jeff at fast of some quality parts at good prices.

Edited by trickedcarbine