Whats Up?

2004LEBanshee

My friend bought a banshee from a local shop that is known for good work and he is good fiends with. He bought it with fatty pipes and silencers. They took the snorkle off and left a stock filter on it. He had them jet it before he ever brought it home. By the way this shop has dealt with banshees for years and he has had two and had all of the work on them done there with never any problems.

They also have a machine that dials in the jetting which they say is always right. He tells me that it still has the stock main jets in it. How can this be. He also never lies he is a good friend. I ride his bike all of the time and it runs great. This is going on two years now so what the hell? I thought it was supposed to be 8 sizes larger. He also never changes it for winter. It starts fine and never back fires. What is this a wonder bike or what? I also have two other friends that had other types of bikes done there and they run awsome too. He runs some suzuki premix it that matters.

I've seen guys in my area that claim they are running stock mains w/ fmf fatties...Some people are just too lazy to properly jet thier shee....oh well... thats thier problem.....BTW, I know a couple of shops that tried to jet in the shees. They think going up 2 sizes is perfect, but couldn't get it running right. I took the shee for a day and really dialed it in. They couldn't believe the difference...Can a shee run w/ improper jetting?? Yes, but will it run really good?? No...There is always room for more power, sometimes more than you think....