Shifting issues

FAST Modded Shift Shaft, FAST Easy Spring on Shift Pro Detent/Roller is what's in my 87 and it shifts great!

Did you already put the cases back together?

if so, that sucks.

If not, then send your complete transmission to Cameron at RedLine.

Not sure if he needs your lower case half too, but give him a call and ask him what he needs to perform his Pro Mod to your transmission.

No, I haven't done anything yet but I want to give it one last try myself.  If it still won't shift, then I am throwing in the towel.  I had actually planned to take it to Jeff @ FAST

If it doesn't shift right this time around, I plan to drive to Kansas and leave it (and my wallet) with FAST.  I have some family in Mizzou anyway so I'll make a mini vacation outta the deal

Someone responded to my intro post a few months back and said "welcome, leave your wallet at the door".  That person is a fucking psychic.  I used to have a savings account, now I have a credit card balance

• Like 2

Well...  .....drumroll please....  It's fixed!  I finally have a fully functioning, shifting machine.  I painted the cases and cylinders dark metallic grey to match the accents in the graphics while it was torn down.  Thanks to everyone for your input over the last few months.  I've asked a ton of stupid questions and even torn down an engine that didn't need to be torn down but I've learned a lot along the way and now I finally have a nice running banshee that I am proud of and I have acquired a lot of tools and knowledge along the way.

mfUcwFz.jpg

A pile of money. LOL

sorry for the late reply guys.  As stupid as I feel, it was the eccentric / shift shaft adjustment.   I misunderstood exactly what I was doing until I got the clymers manual and, by then, we already had the thing torn down.  It was a lot of unnecessary work but I learned a lot about the bike along the way.   I'm just happy to have it fixed.  Rode for a few hours yesterday.   Had to cross some pretty deep mud / water several times and the pods stayed clean too so I was glad to see that.  I was a little worried about them  

need to have the trans inspected by someone that knows what to look for.

i think a gear maybe dragging really bad or is stuck on the shaft.  also could have some other issues.  if its apart just do a real modded trans.  can also be that the drum has some bad spots in it from all the dead neutrals.   the trans when on the bench with just turning the input shaft should shift through all the gears with somewhat ease.  and never get hung up on the tip of the star.

CAM, the transmission was fine and it shifts perfect now too.  I have spares of ever external shift mechanism now as well.   I just didn't have the eccentric shaft / shift shaft adjusted properly.  When I got the Clymers manual and read up on it, I realized the mistake I had made and not a single problem since