Chariot Performance Head

tfaith08

I purchased a black head from Chariot around Christmas and installed it when I moved back home. The shipping was very quick, the packaging was more than sufficient, and the domes fit like a glove. With the head, I also received every o-ring needed for installation as well as 5-6 others for backup.

Installing the head was straight forward. I used Vaseline to secure the o-rings in place. Then, I screwed a spark plug into each done and placed them into the head. I used the spark plugs to hold the head while I lowered it onto the banshee. Removing the head required a bit of coercion, to which the Chariot piece was nearly the same (obviously, this means that the head was very close to the factory fit).

Stock at 160' ASL, compression was 114 left and 116 right.

With the PD 21cc domes, compression was 149 left and 150 right.

One of the best things about the piece is that the radiator is noticeably hotter, which means that the head is pulling much more heat from the engine.

For 185 shipped, this is an amazing piece. The quality of the piece, the fit, the appearance, the packaging, and the timely shipping were definite pluses. The next time I need a piece and Chariot makes it, I'll be buying from them.

post-47708-0-71419800-1399620935.jpg