jetting problems?

bad news.. pulled both pilots out and they dont have a single mark on them. they were turned only .5 out of the carb, let me know what size pilots you think I should get and I will order those along with my needles an also let me know what I should start for turning out. I'm guessing 1.5

• 3 weeks later...

finally got time to put my new jets in and give them a try, I went with 30 pilots 260 mains and middle clip needle with 1.5 turns out on air screws. It wont start without a pull start. revs ok mid range, wont idle, I'm so lost right now, literally about to fuckin sell it for parts...

I have yet to do a compression test, I have a Tors delete carbs and parking brake, choke tube is on both carbs, I might have put the slides in wrong, the slide cuts are facing towards the air filter though on both, I never put my airbox on just so I could tune the carbs without stuff in the way. one carb keeps leaking on me also. I ordered a carb rebuilt kit and I'm debating on just doing that..

do the compression test.

you said it won't idle.

since your airbox is off, run the idle screws in until they touch the slides and you can see the slides move up from the air filter side.

raise them up 1mm or so.

My guess is that it needs a new top end. I'll do a test tomorrow, it sucks because this had a top and bottom end rebuild in 2011 but wasn't jetted properly, The guy ran it 4 times after the rebuild once I bought it, that 60 mile ride probably put it to death with the wrong jets. I have a in line temp gauge and she never got hot on me but idk what else could be causing this bullshit

i will do the compression test, My idle screws are already maxed out against the jam nut so I'm out of adjustment on those

Pull your carbs, remove idle screws.

Put a piece of blue painters tape in the bore where the idle screws penetrate.

And tape off all holes or fittings.

Put your carb in a vise and get out a large flat metal file and remove more material off the boss for your idle screws.

Did you buy the carb sync tool and tach?

Do the comp test and report back with your findings.

I just did mine and got 120psi after I ran it.

Be patient man, we're here to help, and if you lived closer, I'd help you get your ride running hard...