low compression

Hello guys..just registered 10min ago and here i am asking for advise. My compression is 91psi on both cyl. Im saving for serval cub 421 but that will be 2 to 3 months away. In the mean time should i buy a coolhead to bump up comp to about 150. Is that a bad idea if not then what cc size to go with to get from 91 to 150.

Hello guys..just registered 10min ago and here i am asking for advise. My compression is 91psi on both cyl. Im saving for serval cub 421 but that will be 2 to 3 months away. In the mean time should i buy a coolhead to bump up comp to about 150. Is that a bad idea if not then what cc size to go with to get from 91 to 150.

If you plan on buying a Serval in that short of a time, I wouldn't waste any money on the current setup.

Just run it as is ( if it does) until you upgrade.

it's probably your rings that are shot...along with the rest of the motor. Using domes to mask the condition is a recipe for disaster.

Sent from a van down by the river

Or buy some vito's super stock pistons. You'll get good compression a 7 HP upgrade and can practice jetting before you drop coin on your Serval and risk learning to get good at it on a pricey motor.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't run it with that low of compression nor would I bother trying to fix it of your getting a new motor. Do you have a 4 mil crank in it now ? Just start taking it apart instead of risking damage to your cases or crank with blown apart rings or pistons.