No I haven't but I just orderd 2 new float needles I think the one in my right carb is bad when it's running it's just flooding out my right carb cause its leaking fuel out of the over flow and I just had the motor rebuilt with all new gaskets and seals so I hope it's not the crank seal

No I haven't but I just orderd 2 new float needles I think the one in my right carb is bad when it's running it's just flooding out my right carb cause its leaking fuel out of the over flow and I just had the motor rebuilt with all new gaskets and seals so I hope it's not the crank seal

Well it's nice to hope. Why not just check? You asked, got an answer, and decide it's better to run on hopes and dreams.

Well it's nice to hope. Why not just check? You asked, got an answer, and decide it's better to run on hopes and dreams.

I heard hopes and dreams is better than nitrous.

If you're pushing oil out of the exhaust then you probably have a seal leak, think about how little oil is actually in the gas and how much would have to build up before being blown all the way through the exhaust.

x3 on the leakdown test

I heard hopes and dreams is better than nitrous.

If you're pushing oil out of the exhaust then you probably have a seal leak, think about how little oil is actually in the gas and how much would have to build up before being blown all the way through the exhaust.

x3 on the leakdown test

Um….NO.  ^^^^

If a cylinder is running rich, your tailpipes can be wet even after riding. Even if your motor is firing on both cylinders.

You can often see bikes with oil all around the front of the motor from exhaust leaks at the pipe flange. This is just a sign that the pipe O-rings are not sealing. It's also a sign that your machine stands a better chance of fouling a plug than it does of burning down.

Sounds to me like his motor just got flooded from his carbs feeding too much fuel. Or that one cylinder has more assembly lube to burn off than the other. Sometimes motors will foul a plug in the initial heat cycles.

I HIGHLY doubt that any of the info provided so far would lead to a CRANK seal diagnostic. If you had a crank seal leak, it would more than likely go lean and have a crisp throttle or panic rev. Not the opposite.

BUT…..he SHOULD do a leakdown test. 

• Like 1

How do I do a leakdown test?

There's a right up on here. You need to have the stator/flywheel off. Clutch cover off.

-You pull the carbs and exhaust.

-plug the intakes and exhaust

- have a Schader valve in one of the plugs in the intake.

-pump up to 6 psi

- have a low pressure gauge in the other plug in intake.

-watch for pressure drop.

- spray soapy water on all seals, plugs, spark plugs, gaskets, seams, just everywhere.

My description is very vague and out of order. It's Friday and I'm at a shitty party getting drunk.

But if you have half a clue, you can get the idea.

Not to bad for getting drunk shee! Haha...since I am also getting drunk ill say dont pull covers off till you cant find leak (if there is one) im just lazy and dont like doing nore work than I have too!