Help With Suspension.......

89 bansheedude

Might be blown, if it turns and never stops.....cw or ccw.......its time for a rebuild. You can get your shock rebuilt at your stealership for around 300 including a race tech valve and eibach spring. Call your local stealership and see if any of there mechanics are race tech certified????

I got a rear shock off a 00 shee that was rebuilt by tcs set up for 160-180lb rider, I'll sell it for $100 shipped.

i am about 180lbs, but i have no money right now. trying to sale my 93 honda prelude si but havent yet and saving to get a toyota pickup. if you will keep that shock i might have some money sometime and tell me more about it. i guess i do need a new one now because it spins and dont stop. thnaks, jayare

i am about 180lbs, but i have no money right now. trying to sale my 93 honda prelude si but havent yet and saving to get a toyota pickup. if you will keep that shock i might have some money sometime and tell me more about it. i guess i do need a new one now because it spins and dont stop.  thnaks,  jayare

push down on yer seat see if it it works after all the spinning of the knob

Sounds like you have no rebound dampening. Without the dampening you essentially just have a pogo-stick. Time for a rebuild or a new shock. You can usually find a semi-new (+2000) stock shock on ebay for pretty cheap - I'm not sure how much a rebuild is. I'm surprised that it only bothers you when you jump. When the rear shock went out on my last quad, any major size rut would launch your ass 4 feet off the seat. Stupidly I kept it that way for months, eventually it nearly bounced me over the bars when I was flying down a trail. After that scare, I would've paid any price for a new shock.