King of the HILL bike

bada450r

A friend has a 18 Dm in a titanium +14 chasis lsr made it , +14 swinger , 48 lectrons , billet cases and the hole nine , last 2 times at dumont is Ben one of the top contenders even beating a couple of triples , 18 dmx , 24 twisters and what not , and it seems to be a some what reliable consistent bike , also jockey does come to play , specially in grudge /hill shooting , but I think all around 18 Dm are a good platafform , a lot of people run LSR chassis , and they do ride pretty awesome , i myself don't have much to compare it to besides a hybrid chassis and a stock one , I just think it's the way you set it up and can get it to work , there is a couple people from the stock frame mafia like JT that make stock chasis haul the mail so again chasis setup comes a lot in to play , wich ever or who ever you go with will probly point you in the right direction , here is a lil video of some racing in dumont

i didnt think i could speeellll it out any easier..  guess not.....

i said if the bike dosent work  no jockey is going to make it faster.......  

if the rest is in line even a half ass rider that feels COMFORTABLE on the bike is going to have a lot more confidence to ride the bike..  

thats what i meant..    

a "jockey" that weighs 90 lbs and can ride and shift when they need on a bike thats built for the rider has big hp  is controlable through whoops bumps and dosent ride up to fast in a wheelie  yes  that will be fast.  take one away and your loosing..   hopefully thats a lil more clearer?

the dual a-arm lsr's around here wheelie all out of control most of the time.  my old single has a differnt rear piviot relationship to the front sproket and dosent wheelie nearly as bad  if it does its extremely controlable.   the DMR i have is based off of OEM rear geo and its a shitbox to put the power to the ground.  i had tovplay with the setup a lot to get it to tame down and even be rideable.   when i say rideable to me that means full throttle starts with a lot of clutch and a lot of lockup bikes that pull hard off the bottom and if they do wheelie just come up maybe a foot and stay there.    thats the kind of setup i look for in a combo. 

• Like 1

Single a arms over here are only used on graded or smooth hills like dumont , even do you can do a lot of stuff to make it ride right for example a lsr single a arm or Matt shearer chassis is a single a arm , these frames owners will try to avoid going to ride in glamis or pismo , unless it's smooth or graded .

I like to take the most advantage of my drag bike as possible so I prefer the dual a arm frames , you just feel safer , the single a arm ones are light but once you start getting some real speed they feel like a death trap or so I've heard from our jockey , I really don't think the lsr chasis are by any way the best or any thing but dialed in they seem to handle the power and take the hits of a fucked up track , there really isn't any hS custom ones down here but I do know people swear by them .... And please whatever people say about a sand shark frame from lsr take half of what they say and believe it , there is 2 down here that keep on getting send back to lsr time and time again cause they throw chains all the time , for whatever reason ( something w the rear design of the bike and the swing arm pivoting I think is what I hear )

Gear ratios are usually not dialed in on street bike based builds. Just my .02

i didnt think i could speeellll it out any easier.. guess not.....

i said if the bike dosent work no jockey is going to make it faster.......

I thought we all know that if a bike isn't set up correctly...gearing, chassis, mtr, etc it's going to be junk. I didn't know we were stating the obvious and talking about it. I say this... FAST is FAST. IDGAF if it's a 2 or 4 stroke, small mtr big mtr... FAST is FAST.

• Like 2