electrical issue "no spark"

samici

So I finally got my Shee runnin good after weather change got it into 5th and it just stalled out after lookin around my idle screw shook pretty far out fouled plug put new plugs in let it dry out a bit put it back NO SPARK put the plug to the block to check em nothin went to coil with voltmeter useing ohms part the plug wires were good but the boots weren't reading any resistance so I ordered new boots while waiting for parts after this is where I'm lost not sure how EXACTLY to check coil or black and orange wire into coil the resistance on the terminals of coil where black n orange plug in so when I put the tester on blk wire and block it reads but not when I have tester to orange wire an block not sure if I'm testing it right or if troubleshooting the wrong thing please any help would be appreciated

So I'm thinkin I'll just wait for the new boots to come in see if I have spark and go from there if not spark I'll swap a buddys cdi to see if that's another issue thanks for the link and reply I've seen this before but like an ass I just skimmed through let ya know when I figured it out its too nice for her to be sitting around now

Never assume anything. Pull flwheel, clean any rust off stator poles and timing nubs. IF everything ohms out, check all connections are clean and tight (might as well add dielectric grease). Check all grounds, consider running a ground wire from coil back to engine. Trim 1/4" from plug wires. Be sure to set pick coil gap at both nubs.

Please post results.

So i put the new coil on still no spark but my boots have resistance now :) (it was cheaper for me to order new coil set up then just boots) so anyway I traced back further and it's deffinatly between the stator wires by the cdi to the stator itself. when I pulled connector off by cdi and tried testing the leads while someone kicked it there was nothing which means it's shop time for me stator n shit is outta my league for this beginner but I learned a lot from this site and you guys thanks for all the information I'll keep ya updated what a shop tells me just didn't wanna take it to em say idk what's wrong and have em charge me out the ass for all kinds of dumb shit

Yeah i seen on YouTube not that bad once i get everything apart and back, i have a few questions though. Like how exactly do i set my gap just push down the coil till its at the proper height? Cause the mount doesn't allow any movement so it not like I can loosen the bolts and then move it n tighten it back up. I don't have it apart yet still have to get puller and somthing to hold fly wheel but if one of you guys can give some advice I'd appreciate it just the cover is off for now. Maybe let me know some other things to look for like a sheared key etc etc.. or maybe how or what to test in more detail like I can get the specs of what it should be but not exact sure how to test it i just told residential electrical in votech so I have some knowledge of how to test resistance and get the concept of hoe the stator n flywheel work

I also noticed that they have and adjustable timing plate at +5 im assuming because they put a notch next to plate and the notch is at +5..I'm the 3rd owner of the bike so I'm told and and 2nd owner couldn't tell me much about it i was just worried about compression n leaks at the time of purchase which both were good plus I got it for kind of a steal