STARTING ISSUES, NEED HELP?

ok so im gonna try the pistons and see if thats the problem.My question now is whats the best way to do this? do i just do rings do i do piston and rings, there isnt a shop around here that bores so im screwed that way. uld i order a big bore kit with the cylinders and pistons ? whats the best pistons to go with? what should i do people? i would like to hear what everyone else would do?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send your cylinders to a bhq sponsor, if there isn't any shops that can bore and hone in your area. Depending on the condition of your cylinders you may be able to get away with rings, but no need to half ass it. A sponsor of bhq will hook you up with pistons and what you need, as far as pistons................uhmmmm wiseco!

So what is the average cost of a cylinder job from a sponsor on the site? Just trying to get idea of the cost to send it there have the work done and send it back. I'm in Canada. It might be cheaper to just buy a kit with the cylinders and pistons?!? Also I ride 90% trails, like bit of sand and the odd time at the local track. Any suggestions on what I should be doing? Like what type of piston and if I should go with a bigger cc kit ect, would really like to hear some options as to what I should do. Currently has Namura stock size pistons, stock carbs, VF3 reeds, +4 timing, and boost bottle. I'm not sure of anything else as I've never opened it up since I bought it. Let's hear what I should do?!? Thanks all:):)