New here, would love some help with what I have

Hi BansheeHQ members,

New here. I just recently got this banshee, and have to admit I know next to nothing about it. Can anyone offer any tips on things it has done? Was told it had lots of aftermarket, (heads,pipes,gearing,etc) Things to watch out for? Is there maybe a new owners FAQ somewhere? Hope to learn lots here and hope the search function works well because I lurk and read a lot. 

wfbpLJFl.jpg

dSCIlyBl.jpg

GNQ3JV5l.jpg

Congratulations on the banshee... I'd check to see if the carbs are sync, anti freeze level, compression check, change the tranny fluid, clean the air filter... Other than that look the body over and see if everything looks good, and welcome to bansheehq

Edited by Trevf98

From what I can see it has Keihin 28mm PWK Carbs w/K&N Style Pod Filters and Outerwears, Billet Intake, Pro-Design Cool Head and CPI In-Frame Drag Pipes.

I can't tell what reed cages it has.

Did the PO mention anything about the engine, ie., what size bore the cylinders are on, what type cylinder porting (Trail, MX, Dune, Drag), who did the porting, what size compression domes are used in the head, what octane fuel is required. what oil the PO used to mix with fuel, what mixing ratio, what transmission oil is used?

Get yourself a Clymers Service Manual.

The search function is good.

Just click on the white magnifying glass in the green box at the right of the search bar to search where you want, by title and so on.

How does it run?

Welcome to the forum... :cheers:

Thanks guys! Been into cars/bikes but this is the first quad for me. 

Previous owner was a bit ignorant to the bike. He said when he bought it, it was built for drag and was "too fast." Ill talk to him again and see what else I can get out in terms of oil/fuel and mixtures he ran.

Strm trpr. Looks dead on form what I can read off the parts.I don't know what they come with stock so I dont know what is modified.

Bikes needs a good cleaning and needs a couple things. Rear brake bolt snapped and needs rear pad changed so I have to get the bolt out then get pads in and back together. the rubber adapter to the carbs look pretty old and starting to dry rot out so well most likely need those. Today was the first day I actually started it up, Ive had it for a few months. Not used to the 2stroke so sounds different to me. 

That clymers manual I was already checking out online. Well probably be first purchase for sure.

m31Q3Ok.jpg

cSran0h.jpg

Cascade Innovations has been around since the beginning and has everything you could possibly imagine for a Banshee.

But, if you shop around you can usually find a better deal.

Here's a link directly to parts for your 28mm Keihin PWK Carbs that you have.

http://www.cascadeinnovations.net/store/store_View.cfm?STORE_AREA_ID=13&store_dept_id=435

FAST Racing is another killer shop that has everything for Banshees.

Look around you'll probably find the carb cao boots you're looking for, if not, call them and I bet they have it in stock.

If you're into tuning and getting shit running perfect, this Carb Synchronizing tool is a must for a Banshee owner that cares how well his shit runs.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=59

I also use a cheap eBay 2 stroke tachometer to dial in idle and mid throttle synchronizing.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/2-stroke-tachometer

Pretty much anyone of the site sponsors can get you any part for your Banshee.

What year is yours?

Looks like you have some type of billet bearing carrier for your stock swing arm too.

Oh sit, you do have a J-Arm banshee.

No worries on the J-Arms.

There are some aftermarket J-Arm options for you that are +2" wider/side and +1" forward with excellent ball joints that allow for camber adjustment.

You can get J-Arm rebuild kits, but you probably only need dust seals/caps and new pivot bushings.

There are Bronze bushings and Delrin bushings, but we'll cross that bridge if you need to.

Oh sit, you do have a J-Arm banshee.

No worries on the J-Arms.

There are some aftermarket J-Arm options for you that are +2" wider/side and +1" forward with excellent ball joints that allow for camber adjustment.

You can get J-Arm rebuild kits, but you probably only need dust seals/caps and new pivot bushings.

There are Bronze bushings and Delrin bushings, but we'll cross that bridge if you need to.

Is there something in the pics that makes you think I need new seals and pivot bushings or is it just good maintenance for the Jarms?

strm trpr thanks for all the help. Checking through the links you provided. Definitely need a few things before Id feel comfortable taking it out. Looking through the FAST sponsors site and they have lots of fun things! the bike is much dirtier than I keep my vehicles. I may just leave it as is and play with it for a while before I decided to powdercoat/paint it and start replacing parts.

I  honestly dont even know what year it is. Looks like there is a number on the left side, would this be a vin? Could I run it somewhere? Still trying to get info from PO.

strm trpr thanks for all the help. Checking through the links you provided. Definitely need a few things before Id feel comfortable taking it out. Looking through the FAST sponsors site and they have lots of fun things! the bike is much dirtier than I keep my vehicles. I may just leave it as is and play with it for a while before I decided to powdercoat/paint it and start replacing parts.

I  honestly dont even know what year it is. Looks like there is a number on the left side, would this be a vin? Could I run it somewhere? Still trying to get info from PO.

Has to be one of the early ones since it has j-arms. (87'-90')

Thanks!

Found that last night while searching. Couldnt locate vin on frame (painted green) 

As others have said it has j-arms so it must be an early model. 

Is there a link that tells me what is interchangeable between years? It went relatively unchanged 87-06 right? Obviously the arms differ, but will any set of pipes work? Will any carbs work? Will and reeds work? What about suspension wise, does the suspension h ave to be for an early model or are they all the same? Drive train? 

Talked to PO, Said it should be an 87. Beating around the bush on a title. Said when he bought it it was a race bike, but his buddy (who rode it) did some mods to make it more of an "enduro"

Im guessing its without title or at least I am not holding my breath on this. State says I need to register in (or at least google tells me that) but lots of guys I have talked to say they dont have tittles and "have never had an issue"

Any advice on this?

Talked to PO, Said it should be an 87. Beating around the bush on a title. Said when he bought it it was a race bike, but his buddy (who rode it) did some mods to make it more of an "enduro"

Im guessing its without title or at least I am not holding my breath on this. State says I need to register in (or at least google tells me that) but lots of guys I have talked to say they dont have tittles and "have never had an issue"

Any advice on this?

Don't worry about it if you don't have a title I don't either... And your right most people don't have titles for their bikes because when you buy a bike at a dealership brand new you don't have to pay sales tax without the title.

Edited by Trevf98