Strange things found while riding

Every area in my town has been shut down due to people dumping trash and throwing underage parties. I get the bigger picture, I have to travel 2.5hrs to lsok to enjoy any actual "fun" riding. I didnt mean to step on yalls lil footsies with that comment that wasn't my intentions.

Not at all, Im not seeing any back pedaling here. Reality being ls park rangers care about three things, handing out tickets, collecting park fee's and trash. Doesn't justify anything other than thats not something they would care to worry about. Bigger problems but yes small ones add up eventually I agree.

Yes you are a bad person but that is not why. There are lots of other reasons LOL

You are damn right most ATV enthusiasts are uptight!  why? because there's too many fucking idiots ruining everything for everyone so now anytime someone against atv's see's anything out of the ordinary it gets fired right to the big peeps that already have a full file of atv related BS from other idiots waiting for the right time and place to bring up a shit ton of crap to crash down on us and shut as many things down as possible. Shit we area already extremely limited on what we can do and where we can ride as it is because of it!

Absolutely accurate.

As someone who actively watched the demise of the ATC in the mid-80's along with 100's of thousands of acres of riding areas being closed these are very true words.

I'm sure many of you are gun owners as well, the same logic applies to the shooting sports.

It doesn't matter if what you are doing is actually BAD or not, it's how your actions are sold to those that hate you that matter.... and they will twist facts and use moronic logic to obtain what they want, which is making you STOP shooting or riding at all.

In the end, YOU lose, whether your argument is valid or not.

back pedal much? lol

I didn't see it as back pedaling, I saw it as him realizing what actions like that, actions that could be construed by others as harmful and viable as fodder against our fun, could ultimately mean for our sport.

I would commend him for that.

As to the original topic, last weekend I helped find a forest fire, and I found an expired ATV plate on the trails.

A buddy and I spent about 60 man hours last year, riding every trail on the Monday Creek riding area at the Wayne National Forest in order to install trail signs. We put a sign at every intersection of every trail, as well as at the start and end of every trail.

They hand out maps with trail names when you buy a riding permit, but no signs on the trails themselves and it is very easy to get turned around and lost. I made signs out of wooden slats for every trail there and my friend and I installed them, picking the right spot so they could be seen while riding and ensuring everything was accurate and matched the map.

This is harder than it sounds, because if someone made a cut-back on trail and joined 2 of them up and it wasn't on the map you would think it was the next mapped trail without signs and would end up lost.

Last weekend the fire department had to come out to deal with a forest fire, and they couldn't find it.

The fireman walking up and down the trails in full turnout gear stopped me and asked if I knew where the fire was. He had a spot circled on his map, but had no idea how to get there, because some worthless fucker ripped most of my trail signs down this last winter.

The fireman walked right by the trail he needed, and down into the next valley. Had the signs remained, he would have reached the fire 20 minutes sooner. I pointed out that he needed to head back up the trail to the top of the crest, and offered him a ride back up the hill. He declined, afraid he would be fired if someone saw him.

I met him at the top of the hill, where he still wasn't sure where to go, and I showed him the correct trail to take to get to the circled portion on his map.

I put the expired ATV plate on a tree next to the trail. ;)

So.......do these deer call the police and report the ATV riders?

Or is the liberal media now paying for extremists to wait in the trees for the random Deer/atv encounter to happen so they can post it on TMZ?

Here is a clue people......the fucking liberals shut shit down over the THEORY that bad things MIGHT happen. Last year polar bears were in danger due the melting ice......this year tgey are in danger over TOO MUCH ice!

The theory doesn't have to be proven or sound.

It only has to sound proven.

Your local ride spot has a better chance of being shut down over erosion concerns or bird migration then it does of deer trauma.

WE ARE NOT THE PROBLEM

BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL IMAGINATION IS

Now pay Sally Struthers .20 cents a day to go feed the children

And then go chase some damn deer. Just where a helmet when you do. Bare heads give us all a bad rap. LOL

Concussions are the latest scare concern of the media.

You can mow the deer down in a fit of rage.....just don't get knocked out in the process.

GOD HELP US ALL IF ONE OF THE DEER IS GAY....

The idiots who wanna speed test on a paved roads or do burnout contests on your street are going to get way more visibility in the public eye, as will the morons who show up at the ER with an insurance head trauma claim from riding without a helmet.

:Crybaby:

What happens if you eat a deer, Is that frowned upon too?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You can SHOOT it………...just don't CHASE it.

:rotflmao:

DEER JERKY = GOOD

BEING A JERK TO DEER = BAD

You can shoot at it with a bow and arrow or even a gun………but for the love of GOD….DON'T STARTLE IT with your ATV.  :o

Hey…..If I have a hunting license…... can I "Track it" with a utility quad till I'm close enough to move in for the kill, then drive it back to the truck on the front rack of the quad?

Can I be EXTRA liberal and avoid the use of guns and just kill it with the front rack of the quad? LOL

About 30 min south of me is the start of the mark twain national forest, roughly 1.5 million acres. Lots of gravel roads and trails with lots of it miles And miles from the nearest house.think deliverance with toothless people and all, Grew up riding those trails and roads, have ran across people living in tents miles from no where, fields of weed, large drug deals, past few years theres meth lab around every corner it seems,have know people that have found dead body's, etc. has anyone else found and crazy out of the ordinary stuff while out riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where do you live? i live in the MTNF...maybe i am one of those people to worry about??lol

Edited by 2slo4u

Wait…..I'm having a Crocodile Dundee scene flashback….... :huh: 

:unsure:  They should round up all the wolves and coyotes and sent them all the jail too.

(Obviously the snowmobilers were drunken fools who thought they were member of a lion pride.)  We could try blaming Marilyn Manson………but instead let's just blame the nature channel.

Let's keep it in perspective though……"Chasing" is not mowing them down and doing burnouts on the live carcass. (I TOLD YOU burnouts would bring you more heat than chasing deer!)  :lol: