Trying to get spark

sugarshack81

Here is a picture I drew to see if anyone can help me figure this out. When I disconnect from my harness and run a test light on the orange wire coming from the cdi I get voltage because it light up. When I connect the harness I loose voltage on the orange wire. So here is what I tried. I bypassed the orange wire on the harness and hooked it directly up. The rest of the harness is hooked up normally. I added extra ground from coil to motor and still not getting spark. But as soon as i unhook the harness the test light will light up again on the orange wire. This really sucks. Feel like I'm getting close. I tried a second wiring harness before attempting this. Its like the where the harness connects to the output of the cdi it shorts it out maybe?

10e3pjr.jpg

My banshee finally started. I built a new harness and it works great. When I get time I'm going to post everything I did and how I made the new harness. I learned a lot and hopefully I can help someone else out. I appreciate everyone that commented and gave me suggestions. So I'll post later, Right now I'm putting everything back together so I can go ride today.