need help testing pickup coil

sugarshack81

I did the ohms test on the pick coil wires and the stator wires and they both tested fine. 112 ohms on pick up coil and 19.8ohms on the stator. I did a voltage test on the stator and I get voltage reading when I kick it over only on the green wire but not the red. Should there be any voltage reading on the green/white or red/white wires from the pick up coil? I have a new pick up coil which was very cheap to buy $11 but it has a brown and white wire. Any idea which wire goes where? Do I hook up the brown to the green/white or red/white? Any suggestions, Im thinking my old pick up coil is good since it tests at 112. Another thing the new pick up coil only tests at 108-109ohms. Trying to get a spark. So please if anyone knows the proper way to test the pick up coil let me know? Things I have to work with is a new ignition coil a back up wiring harness and extra pick up coil. I hate to cut out the old pick up coil if its working and then get mixed up on the brown and white wires on the cheapy aftermarket pick up coil. Torrs has never been hooked up since ive owned it and the key switch and kill switch test out ok.

My banshee finally started. I built a new harness and it works great. When I get time I'm going to post everything I did and how I made the new harness. I learned a lot and hopefully I can help someone else out. I appreciate everyone that commented and gave me suggestions. So I'll post later, Right now I'm putting everything back together so I can go ride today.