Squish clearance

what would be the worst case scenario of a motor running .058 squish

Jeff said it may lack some bottom end with the .058 and from my research I also have found that to high of a squish will " leave power on the table " I didn't spend money on this engine to do that hence the reason I want to swap domes .

Assuming that the clearance is due to the step in the domes and not a negative deck height (piston in the hole at TDC) you can probably use fine sand paper and a piece of glass or marble and shorten the step on the domes. If it's negative deck though there may not be enough step there to take it down another 0.01" or so. It the step is too small the oring won't stay on during installation.

personally dont think it was mis info

Maybe it wasn't mis information but according to the link posted it was.Seems like there is some contradicting info on the site at times and I just like to be sure not only for my own piece of mind but for others who may read this thread in the future and have the same questions on this topic.

Assuming that the clearance is due to the step in the domes and not a negative deck height (piston in the hole at TDC) you can probably use fine sand paper and a piece of glass or marble and shorten the step on the domes. If it's negative deck though there may not be enough step there to take it down another 0.01" or so. It the step is too small the oring won't stay on during installation.

New domes are already ordered from FAST and should be here by tomorrow .

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have checked squish using both methods and the readings are identical .I much prefer just bending the solder it's much easier and a whole lot less time consuming and as I said my readings were identical .I switched domes and now have a squish of .053

this is my first post, squish is not as simple as .040 or .055 it depends on width of the squish band, I have seen bands from 6mm wide to 14, if you run a tighter squish you better run a narrow band, to big of squish will cause you to think you have a jetting issue, the person I trust most is Lane at Driveline performance he cuts stroker domes in any depth or width, if your having problems with getting a special dome made call him and he'll make you anything.