Jetting? Uh..... Where To Start

Ok bike was stolen, ragged out, ran with STRAIGHT gas, burned up, tore up, and,,,,, then FOUND. damnit!!!! :angry: Let me find the little son of a, Oh

Well, with the damage, it would cost as much to buy a new one as it would to build one like I like.

Anyway to the point,

I have Pro Circuit Pipes and silencers, Cyls bored .020 Milled Head The Machine guy told me about 160-170 compression. Probably race gas. Stator plate, +4, lightened fly wheel, K&N filter, no elephant trunk on air box. Pro-lites.

(haven't bought yet) - v-force reed cages throttle body spacers, I doubt this makes a difference in jetting, but water impeller and inline cooler

I think that's it.

Ok, I live in the swamps, Or Monroe, LA about 70' above sea level and hot as hell all year round. B)

Thanks

p.s. new to site

I'd start with 330 mains, 30 pilots, and if you get the V-Force reeds move the needle one clip position leaner (move the clip up towards the blunt end). Should be a safe place to start, should be on the rich side or real close.

BTW I'd check the compression with a good quality gauge and see for sure, with .020" taken off the head you should have under 160# and SHOULD be OK with 91 or 93 octane pump fuel (assuming the porting is stock). If there's any doubt then race gas surely won't hurt (other than the price per gallon), and if you do indeed have 160+# you could run 50/50 pump & race gas...

Oh and welcome to the HQ, glad you recovered your Banshee, hope it wasn't beat to death.

I agree w/ everything that Ben said, exept I'd go richer on the needle. Try a leaner setting and a richer setting and determine which is better. You should notice more low end pull and powerband kicking in at a lower rpm...You also might want to take the cover completely off on the air box. Makes a huge difference. If you ride in mud a lot, then cut the last 1.5" off the end of the lid so you still have all 4 clips....this is almost as good as no air box lid at all.....good luck and let us know how you make out...