about on wits end with this thing a little help please

ok i have had this bike for 2+ years building and working on it got motor together last year and got it started. then our baby that had been in the hospital got to come home and it wasn't touched till today now she is healthy and daddy needs his banshee fix. ok first off i rode it one time last year just up the road and it was like hitting a wall at mid throttle so i figured ok its rich. so fast forward a year or so and today i took the carbs off the shelf cleaned them up jetting is 27.5 pilots 320 mains mid on needle. i went down to the 320 from 340 last year. and same thing i messed with needle and went to 300 main same thing messed with needle 300 main same thing. idles nice seems to dry rev ok when setting in neutral. the engine is 421 serval pump gas cpi inflames stock carbs. the cdi and all electronics came from a running bike but i did drag cut the wiring harness as seen on this site. i think the timing is at 2 or 3 degrees have to take the side cover off its been close to 2 years since i put it together. could it be the timing to much bad flywheel bad cdi or something like that. i told the wife im fixing it or selling it she went off telling me im not selling it i have done spent to much money on it so fixing it it is. 

Assuming you've done a leakdown test to rule out an air leak causing a lean condition?

Jetting sounds very conservative for a 421 serval. Alot of people run those jets on stock motors with some pipes and pods.

i was told by andy at no limits that 340 should be a rich starting point and should have to go down from there. i thought the same thing but he said that the signal threw the carbs are greatly amplified by the small carbs on such a large engine it will pull more fuel threw the carbs then a much smaller engine can. so i put in what i was told by him. i would call him but he is closed today and i think tomorrow. and no i haven't done a leak down i don't have the stuff to build a tester. 

If thats the advice he gave you then i would assume he knows what hes talking about. If lowering the main jet size had no noticable improvement i would probably go back to the larger size for safety measures and look in other directions such as A/F screw settings and possible spark problems.

If thats the advice he gave you then i would assume he knows what hes talking about. If lowering the main jet size had no noticable improvement i would probably go back to the larger size for safety measures and look in other directions such as A/F screw settings and possible spark problems.

air screw has no affect with the 340's tried 25 pilots it won't hardly start with them at all at 2.5 turns out 27.5's at 1.75 turns seems a little fat idling but got was getting angry because of the rev issue and thats when i said screw it.

Gomer, are you running the stock needles? I had problem's with the stock needles when I was running my stock stroke/stock cyl, setup w/ pods. Switched to the dyna jet needles and fixed my problem.

The dyna jet "kit" is a waist of money and I wouldn't suggest buying it but the needles offered in that kit fixed my problem and I was running a setup with a lot less HP than your serval.