Tire Shake

Just had my buddy mount two new GBC 22" X-REX fronts on my bike. When approaching warp speed they shake pretty bad. Wheels are clean and straight, front bearings are tight. Going to try a dismount and reclock. Any other ideas?

Just had my buddy mount two new GBC 22" X-REX fronts on my bike. When approaching warp speed they shake pretty bad. Wheels are clean and straight, front bearings are tight. Going to try a dismount and reclock. Any other ideas?

We balance the tires on a motorcycle/ATV spin balancer.

Any wheel that's going to spin at 45-60 is going to shake/bounce if the balance is off.

If you spin balance the rim first and see where it's heavy spot is and mark it…..then mount the tire….if the tire is way off you can rotate the tire to address it's weight issue by using the rims weight issue to counter act it and end up with a better overall balance.

It might not solve it all, but if you don't want to run a sticky weight on the rim…..it's about all you can do.  

• Like 1

Ok, found out today it's the rear tires. I am going to check the wheels, axles, and bearings to see what the culprit is.

Thanks for all the input.