Banshee No-go

Hey guys, I have a 2003 banshee, with boyesene power reeds, uni-air filter and FMF fatty pipes with powercore 2 silencers. I installed the reeds a couple of months ago and ran it a couple of times with no problems. Then about 6 dayz ago, I installed the pipes/silencers and filter. I done the jetting and done a couple of plug checks and all seemed well.

While I was riding Sunday past, it died on me. I kick it over and there is lots of compression and it idles fine, but as soon as you hit the gas it shuts off. I got it to rev up a couple of times but mostly it just idles only and then hit the gas and it dies.

Any ideas whats wrong???? I haven't had a chance since to tear it apart and look around, but I am going to go in and look and see if I have a broken or cracked reed!!! Does this sound like it could be the problem or am I in the wrong area totally. As far as I can tell, I have spark because the bike idles normally, but it seems like a fuel/air problem? Any ideas...

Thanks

Do you still have the TORS or the parking brake on the bike. In most cases where a bike will idle but will not rev up at all, it is a TORS or parking brake problem. Make sure that the parking brake is all the way off, and unplug the small black box under the left side of the tank and see if this helps.

You might have put the slides in the wrong carbs. Make sure they are both all the way down and have the same amount of travel. You might also want to tighten the parking brake on the back of the quad.

It's that type of poltergiest. That tors setup will haunt your shee when it wants to. check all points on it,parking brake sensor,throttle sensor,slides ect... unplug it under your fuel tank.its a three wire harness and then fire it up and see if if it will rev for you. Sorry that shit happened on you on your ride.

My brother tried unplugging the TORS box today and it worked for him so thats the fix. I would have liked to do it but I have been working since with no chance to screw with it and I called him up tp ask him if he would try it for me. The real test will be tomorrow when I go riding again.

My next q is....Is it OK to leave it unplugged or will I have other problems later?

Thanks

You will not have a problem with leaving the brain unplugged. The TORS system will be completely disabled. If you would like, you can get a TORS removal kit, which consists of new carb ttops, a cable, and usually an idle kit. It is well worth the money. Jetting is easier, and access to the carbs is easier...